Display hpbomc89pli ian schneider
by Katie Kim

8 Ways To Spend Valentine's Day With Friends

By Katie Kim - Feb 05 2017

Valentine's Day is a day that is both appreciated and hated by individuals mainly depending on their relationship status at a given moment. However, Valentine's Day doesn't have to simply be a day to celebrate your significant other and all the memories you two have created. In fact, Valentine's Day is more about expressing your love for everyone in your life that has had a positive impact on you — including your friends. Here are 8 ways to spend Valentine's Day with friends. 

1. Bake your favorite desserts. 

Keep it cute and fun with a nice baking date with some of your closest friends. There's nothing sweeter than baking cupcakes and cookies (and you can decorate them for each other to). This is a great way to show some love to your friends!

2. Watch a movie. 

Keep your mind off of Valentine's Day with a fun movie with your friends in your home theater (preferably an action, horror or comedy film — stay away from rom-coms). Don't forget the popcorn and candy!

3. Go for brunch.

There's no better way to start your day than to fill your stomach up with your favorite brunch foods. Grab a couple friends and indulge in all of your favorites. Who needs a lover when you have chicken and waffles by your side? 

4. Try new DIY projects. 

Showcase your creative side by trying out new DIY projects with a group of friends. You could do anything from creating posters to serve as room decor all the way to repurposing old clothes and creating something new. 

5. Have a spa day. 

Valentine's Day is the day of love so why not show some love to yourself? Use this day as an excuse to get together with your closest friends and have a spa day with face masks and pedicures. This is also a great time to share gossip (and hatred towards all couples if you really wish). 

6. Go bowling. 

The best way to stay distracted on a day such as Valentine's Day where couples seem to be everywhere is to stay active and do something exciting. Get a large group of friends and go bowling! Make a bet out of it to add an extra level of fun. 

7. Be adventurous on a road trip. 

Plan a small getaway with friends to escape all the couples. Going to a new location and exploring a new setting will keep you busy enough to forget what day it really is. 

8. Host a party. 

Go big or go home on Valentine's Day by hosting an anti-Valentine's Day party. Get all your single friends together and feast on some pizza and soda while playing fun games to pass the time. 

Don't let being single get in the way of having fun this upcoming 14th! Celebrate the relationships that you do have with those that are close with you. 

Lead Image Credits: Ian Schneider via Unsplash

Katie Kim - University of Georgia

Katie Kim is a junior editor for Fresh U. She is currently a sophomore at the University of Georgia majoring in Journalism. She loves candy (particularly Sour Patch Kids and Swedish Fish) and loves to sing and dance (even though she is not good at either of those activities). Follow her on Instagram @kt.j.kim where she shares some of her happiest moments :)