Display brooke lark 200721
by Katie Kim

8 Snacks To Eat While Studying

By Katie Kim - Mar 18 2017

When college students are stressed, they will most likely do one of two things (or both): take a nap or take a snack. Stress eating is a real thing for students and snacks are a must for those long nights studying for a test. I asked students at the University of Georgia what some of their favorite snacks were, and these were their responses. 

1. Boom Chicka Pop Sweet And Salty Kettle Corn

"It feels healthier to me and I also love having that sweet and salty flavor, an explosion of two polar opposites. I have a huge Costco bag of it in my room. It's so addicting."  – Peyton Niebanck

2. Coffee

"It's not really a snack, but coffee helps me stay focused in order to finish the thing that's causing me stress." – Chan Hee Lee

3. Ramen

"It's not a lot, easy to make and spicy...spicy food helps alleviate that stress and prepares me for round two on my work." – Joshua Kim

4. Cheez-Its

"I don't really snack too much when I'm stressed, but if I had to choose one, it would be Cheez-It's because it's cheap and good." – Wilson Wong

5. Chips

"I love hearing the crunching noise when I snack on chips. Especially kettle cooked ones." – Ellison Pyon 

6. Rice

"Just for when you have 1,000 different things you want to eat." – Jay Tang 

7. Cereal

"Cereal is great, especially when stolen from the dining hall. I'm also broke so this is a great snack." – Ting Li

8. Flaming Hot Cheetos

"I love anything spicy so Flaming Hot Cheetos are honestly my go-to snack. They're super addicting and help me forget about how stressed I am over school work." – Katie Kim 

Snacks are definitely a blessing for every college student and for any situation. Next time you hit the grocery store, don't forget to pick up some of your own favorites! 

Lead Image Credit: Brooke Lark via Unsplash

Katie Kim - University of Georgia

Katie Kim is a junior editor for Fresh U. She is currently a sophomore at the University of Georgia majoring in Journalism. She loves candy (particularly Sour Patch Kids and Swedish Fish) and loves to sing and dance (even though she is not good at either of those activities). Follow her on Instagram @kt.j.kim where she shares some of her happiest moments :)