Display annie spratt 96529
by Katie Kim

8 Necessary Items To Put In a Care Package

By Katie Kim - Feb 19 2017

With college underway and students in their busiest time of the year, little surprises can go a long way. Care packages are a great way to show love to all of your college friends and family members currently attending school. These are some items that you can start with to create the perfect care package for your lucky individual. 

1. Socks

As weird as this idea may seem, it's a well known fact that all college students understand the struggle of losing socks to the laundry machines. How does this happen? Nobody knows. One thing's for sure though — socks are a necessity and will be greatly appreciated. 

2. Snacks/Candy

Every college student knows what it feels like to get hungry at 2 AM while studying. Snacks and candy are perfect to satisfy late night hunger. Add some of your recipient's favorite snacks and candy to instantly put a smile on his/her face. 

3. Pictures

Everyone loves to look back at good memories (especially college students that are missing home). Throw in some fun pictures of the two of you to add some sentiment to your care package. 

4. Toiletries 

While it's cute and fun to add silly gifts, college students will much rather prefer items that are actually useful (and that they don't have to pay for). Toiletries such as toothpaste, shampoo, body wash, etc. are all great ideas to put in your package. College students will definitely appreciate saving a trip to the store. 

5. Air Freshener

Dorms are notorious for getting smelly — especially if the trash hasn't been taken out for a while. Air freshener is perfect for any college student that wants to walk into his/her dorm without having to be greeted by a not-so-lovely scent. Remember: candles are not a good alternative. 

6. Ramen

Another great late night snack, ramen is perfect because it's easy to make and great to eat. Throw in a couple packs of instant ramen and your care package will be instantly better. 

7. Medicine

No college student will have made it through college without having been sick with a cold, a flu or an allergy at least once. A great way to show your friend/family member that you care about his/her health is to pack Dayquil/Nyquil and whatever other medicine is necessary. 

8. Comfort T-Shirts and Sweatpants

In college, fashion usually goes out the window and comfort dominates all. Surprise your care package recipient with some comfortable tee-shirts and sweatpants that can be worn both inside and outside. 

In the end, all college students will appreciate any care package, regardless of what is really contained. Surprises are always fun, so show some love to your college friends/family members today! 

Lead Image Credit: Annie Spratt via Unsplash 

Katie Kim - University of Georgia

Katie Kim is a junior editor for Fresh U. She is currently a sophomore at the University of Georgia majoring in Journalism. She loves candy (particularly Sour Patch Kids and Swedish Fish) and loves to sing and dance (even though she is not good at either of those activities). Follow her on Instagram where she shares some of her happiest moments :)