Display bkad07qeijc manu camargo
by Katie Kim

8 Items You Need in Your Makeup Bag When You Have a Full Day of Class

By Katie Kim - Jan 24 2017

There have, undoubtedly, been several occasions in which I regretted not looking nice on a particular day when I unexpectedly ran into my secret crush or an old friend. Over the years, I've gathered a list of my top 10 necessities to have in my makeup bag. These are what I've learned to carry (and what you should carry, too). 

1. Lip Balm

This one is definitely applicable to me personally because I have a terrible habit of always picking at my lips, making them constantly dry and bloody. Lip balm is absolutely necessary (especially during the winter time) to keep your lips moisturized and looking smooth. 

Katie Kim

2. Oil Blotting Sheets

If you tend to get oily through out the day, blotting sheets are a must. Keep your face looking fresh — not shiny — and prevent makeup from sliding around throughout the day. 

Katie Kim

3. Perfume Samples

Everytime I go to any beauty/makeup store, I always like to stock up on perfume samples. These are perfect to keep in a makeup bag because they're extremely convenient to carry around given their small size. The last thing you want is B.O. after a long day of classes. 

Katie Kim

4. Concealer

Stick concealer is a great item to have in your makeup bag for any quick/emergency fixes. Keep those pimples hidden for when you least expect them. 

Katie Kim

5. Floss

After a meal, it's very possible to have some food particles stuck in between your teeth. Before you leave the dining halls to continue interactions with the outside world, take a moment to floss and make sure your teeth are looking their best. 

Katie Kim

6. Your Favorite Lip Product

Whether it be your lipgloss, matte lipstick or both, carry around your holy grail lip product around with you at all times. A tinted lip is the easiest way to look put together without actually having a full face of makeup on. 

Katie Kim

7. Lash Curler

Sometimes, your eyelashes can start to droop under all the layers of mascara you have on. Keep them perky and lifted with a lash curler. 

Katie Kim

8. Brow Pencil

One of the most embarrassing things that could ever happen to anyone with makeup on is accidentally wiping off part of your brow. I always had the problem of accidentally wiping away at the tails of my brows, leaving them looking uneven. Keep a brow pencil around at all times to keep your brows looking nice (and remember: brows frame the face)!

Katie Kim

With these products/items in your makeup bag, you'll be able to address just about any beauty emergency! Here's to being prepared for anything that life may throw at you. 

Lead Image Credit: Manu Camargo via Unsplash

Katie Kim - University of Georgia

Katie Kim is a junior editor for Fresh U. She is currently a sophomore at the University of Georgia majoring in Journalism. She loves candy (particularly Sour Patch Kids and Swedish Fish) and loves to sing and dance (even though she is not good at either of those activities). Follow her on Instagram @kt.j.kim where she shares some of her happiest moments :)