Display eric rothermel 23788
by Katie Kim

7 Thoughts You Have While Planning Your Schedule For Next Semester

By Katie Kim - Feb 25 2017

Right as soon as you start a new semester, it almost seems like you already need to have plans for the next semester as well. Dealing with the classes that you have now may be stressful, but having to deal with figuring out what you plan on doing next semester is definitely a struggle of its own kind. These are some of the thoughts that you'll most likely have while creating your schedule for the following semester. 

1. "Can I handle a 10 AM?"

In your first semester of freshman year in college, you quickly learned that 8 AM classes were a mistake. When the second semester rolled around, you were convinced that 10 AM classes would be a lot better. Now, even 10 AM classes are a struggle to wake up for. 12 PM classes anyone? 

2. "Do I want to challenge myself or take it easy?"

Deciding how many credit hours you want to take can be difficult. Should you try to take as many classes as you can this semester and take it easy later on? Or should you just take the easy way out now and save your busier days for later? 

3. "Should I even out my classes throughout the week?"

It would be great to have all your classes fall on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays so you could have no classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays, but can you really handle that when finals week rolls around and you have three finals on one day? 

4. "Should I take the same class as my best friend?"

Your major might not require you to take that Chemistry class, but your best friend may need to. Do you take the class with him/her since you need some kind a science credit anyway? Maybe opting for an easier science class would be better instead — best friends don't always have to struggle together after all. 

5. "Can I fit in work into my schedule?"

Most students will most likely have on-campus jobs to earn a little bit of money on the side because let's face it, college is quite expensive. You'll try to plan your classes out so you have plenty of time to get some work hours in, but should you get all your classes out of the way first and then work? Or should you work in between your classes? 

6. "Should I get all my classes out of the way?"

Going back to the point above, you'll start to wonder whether you should clump all your classes together so you'll be done with classes by a certain time or whether you should leave gaps in between classes for those extra naps you may need. 

7. "Do I really have to take these classes?"

In the end, you'll wonder why you have to take classes at all. They're stressful, tiring and (usually) boring. When's graduation day? 

Classes may be difficult to plan, but once you get everything settled and done, you'll be back in the swing of things (at least for now).  

Lead Image Credit: Eric Rothermel via Unsplash

Katie Kim - University of Georgia

Katie Kim is a junior editor for Fresh U. She is currently a sophomore at the University of Georgia majoring in Journalism. She loves candy (particularly Sour Patch Kids and Swedish Fish) and loves to sing and dance (even though she is not good at either of those activities). Follow her on Instagram where she shares some of her happiest moments :)