Display azmmuy2ql6a kimson doan
by Katie Kim

7 Shameless Ways to Treat Yourself After Finals

By Katie Kim - Dec 19 2016

Congratulations! You are finally done with finals which means you are also officially done with your first semester! How has college been treating you so far? Was it fun? Scary? Did it kill you like it killed me? No matter how your first semester was, one thing is for certain — it's time to properly treat yourself for making it this far. Here are some ways to do just that (shamelessly of course).

1. Jam to all of your favorite holiday songs. 

Now that the holidays really are upon us and you're no longer constantly around other people, you can jam to your heart's content to your favorite holiday songs. Do it freely and do it proudly, my friends! 

2. Binge-watch everything.

Finals are over which means no more homework and no more studying (at least for a little while). Embrace and celebrate the time of no responsibilities with your favorite TV shows on Netflix! Don't forget that tub of ice cream, as well. 

3. Pamper yourself. 

Final exam week without a doubt takes a lot out of you — both emotionally and mentally. Let your body recover from all the stress by making a visit to a spa or even just taking a bubble bath. 

4. Buy random stuff.

No, don't spend $1,000 on one trip to the mall. You're probably already broke if you're a true college student. However, buying small things (that you may or may not necessarily need) is not so bad. If it makes you feel happy, go for it. You deserve it.

5. Eat everything.

The time has finally arrived. You no longer have to eat the same school food everyday! Celebrate by eating all the foods that you've been craving because let's face it — food beats everything. 

6. Go on a trip. 

Whether it be big or small, with friends or alone, we could all use a real break. Even a road trip is a great way to get away from all your past troubles. If possible, it's better to avoid a trip with the parents. We all know that those can often go down the wrong path. 

7. Sleep all day, everyday. 

At the end of the day, what we all want is to hibernate and recover from the sleepless nights of finals week. Winter break is the perfect time to do just that. Forget the alarms and forget the concept of day and night - sleep to your heart's desire!

Winter break is all about getting much needed rest and re-discovering the good parts of life. Make the most out of the time you have before the new semester rolls around! 

Lead Image Credit: Kimson Doan via Unsplash

Katie Kim - University of Georgia

Katie Kim is a junior editor for Fresh U. She is currently a sophomore at the University of Georgia majoring in Journalism. She loves candy (particularly Sour Patch Kids and Swedish Fish) and loves to sing and dance (even though she is not good at either of those activities). Follow her on Instagram where she shares some of her happiest moments :)