Display brooklyn morgan 390  1
by Katie Kim

7 College Students Share What Their Goals Are For the Rest of Summer

By Katie Kim - Jul 15 2017

While summer break is the time for relaxation and winding down, many students still have a lot of goals that they would love to achieve during this time away from school. With a little less than a month left of summer break for many, here are some goals that college students have that they hope to accomplish by the end of their break. 

1. Oonagh Kelly, Elon University '21

"During the rest of this summer, I hope to make a proper résumé for on-campus employers and connect with other people within my major...[I also hope to] get some job experience through working at my county's local history preservation society." 

2. Dominique Wright, Occidental College '21

"My ultimate goal this summer is to take care of myself both mentally and physically. I love watching out for other people, but realize I need to take the time to focus on what I want to accomplish in whatever way that may be."

3. Joshua Kim, Georgia Institute of Technology '20

"[A goal that I can physically work towards is] getting a bigger/built body so I can splurge on food all I want in college. More of a bucket list goal would be to take my girlfriend on a trip and drive her around places." 

4. Ellison Pyon, University of Georgia '20

"My goal for summer is to make money [from the job I currently have]. I also want to have some fun with the 'boyssss.'" 

5. Jessica Moore, New York University '20

"I really want to learn how to cook some easy recipes over summer. I definitely want to spend less on eating out this school year and that requires me to know how to cook."

6. Jonathan Davis, Florida State University '19

"I've been working pretty much all summer so I guess my one goal before summer break ends would be to go on at least one trip with my friends. I definitely would like some time to get away from work and all. Money is great, but sometimes I definitely experience major FOMO [fear of missing out] when I see my friends hanging out without me. 

My own goals for the rest of the summer:

"I plan to apply to my school's Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication this upcoming fall semester, so I want to become more involved with writing and apply myself more. I'm currently working on writing creative pieces to hopefully submit to multiple online publication sites and gain a little more recognition."

The time we have for summer break should never be taken for granted. Make the most of the rest of your break by accomplishing your own goals — no matter how small or big they may be! 

Lead Image Credit: Brooklyn Morgan via Unsplash

Katie Kim - University of Georgia

Katie Kim is a junior editor for Fresh U. She is currently a sophomore at the University of Georgia majoring in Journalism. She loves candy (particularly Sour Patch Kids and Swedish Fish) and loves to sing and dance (even though she is not good at either of those activities). Follow her on Instagram @kt.j.kim where she shares some of her happiest moments :)