Display jake hills 194864
by Katie Kim

6 Terrible Netflix Movies Every College Student Should Watch

By Katie Kim - Mar 05 2017

Netflix is known to be a college student's best friend. It's a great place to watch all your favorite shows and discover some quality movies. However, this does not mean that Netflix only has good content. In fact, there are some films out there that really shouldn't be there. Here are some of them (with the help of Rotten Tomatoes and a consensus among several college students). 

1. The Human Centipede

Most likely everyone already knows about this one. Long story short, a crazy scientist kidnaps and mutilates tourists that come by his home in order to reassemble a "human centipede." If you haven't seen the film or a picture, don't worry. The "human centipede" is exactly what it says it is and most likely exactly what you're imagining right now. If you made it through the whole movie without feeling like puking, then you deserve an award. 

2. The Paperboy

Yes, Zac Efron is in this film, but it isn't like a film that you could ever expect. The movie isn't poorly rated for being boring, but it is criticized for being over-the-top and just downright confusing and nonsensical. It's a must watch for the giggles, though. 

3. ATM 

Are you a fan of Drake and Josh? Well watch this film because Josh Peck, the man behind the character of Josh Nichols, is in it. That might be the only great thing about the movie though. A horror movie about three co-workers who end up trapped at an ATM fighting for their lives from an unknown man dressed in a parka, the film is just as lame as the synopsis. No wonder why a popular interpretation of the acronym is "A Terrible Movie." 

4. Alien Origin 

A movie about lost footage that exposes that there may be extraterrestrial life in a jungle in Belize, the film as a whole suffers from its lack of production skills. The movie is a sad example of found-footage horror and hardly even belongs to that category, but it could still be fun to watch for the giggles. 

5. Sharknado

This one has extremely mixed reviews on Rotten Tomatoes, so you can watch it and be the judge for it yourself. Crazy? Ridiculous? It might just be. 

6. Rubber

Just watch the trailer. No other words are needed and no other words are wanted to be said. 

Grab your popcorn, grab your soda and possibly grab a couple of friends because you won't be able to watch these alone. Happy binge-watching (or not)! 

Lead Image Credit: Jake Hills via Unsplash

Katie Kim - University of Georgia

Katie Kim is a junior editor for Fresh U. She is currently a sophomore at the University of Georgia majoring in Journalism. She loves candy (particularly Sour Patch Kids and Swedish Fish) and loves to sing and dance (even though she is not good at either of those activities). Follow her on Instagram @kt.j.kim where she shares some of her happiest moments :)