Display davide cantelli 153517
by Katie Kim

5 Types Of People You'll Meet In The Library

By Katie Kim - Mar 10 2017

In college, libraries are considered some of the most popular locations for students (especially if they're open 24/7). However, while libraries are intended to be areas for studying and reading, that's not necessarily what you'll find college students doing. In fact, you can find a wide range of types of students at the library. Here are some of them.

1. The Sleeper 

We all know this type of person. Whether it's because he/she really doesn't enjoy studying or doesn't like his/her roommate and would rather sleep anywhere else, you'll always find that one person face down on a desk with headphones in. You can only hope that the snoring won't be too distracting. 

2. The Socializer 

Even with signs everywhere reminding students to be respectful of others around them, some students will still feel the urge to use the library as a location to socialize and catch up with friends. Although I must say, we have probably all been guilty of this at least once in our lives. 

3. The All-Nighter-er 

If you've ever been up past 12 AM at the library multiple times, you'll start to pick out certain students who seem to always spend their nights at a desk studying. How do they do it? You're not quite sure, but you think it might have something to do with the empty coffee cups sprawled out in front of them. 

4. The Eater

You'll think it's strange to find someone eating at a library, but in college, this becomes almost too normal. However, you'll start to question whether you're really at a library or at your dining hall when you see that one person who brings a whole 5-course meal with him/her. 

5. The Distracted One/Procrastinator

You can never miss this one. At first glance you'll think that this student is studying hard with his/her books laid open around them and his/her eyes staring intently at the laptop screen. However, upon second look, you'll realize that the books were never touched (except when open) and the laptop screen was displaying the latest memes on Facebook. Typical. 

No matter who you may find at the library, everyone can agree that the library is full of interesting and unexpected surprises and people. 

Lead Image Credit: Davide Cantelli via Unsplash

Katie Kim - University of Georgia

Katie Kim is a freshman at University of Georgia majoring in Journalism. She loves candy (particularly Sour Patch Kids and Swedish Fish) and loves to sing and dance (even though she is not good at either of those activities). Follow her on Instagram @kt.j.kim where she shares some of her happiest moments :)