Display zaobpee vv4 laura ockel
by Katie Kim

14 Love Songs To Put On Your Playlist for February 14th

By Katie Kim - Feb 05 2017

Valentine's Day is quickly approaching, and whether or not you'll be in a relationship on the 14th, it's time to celebrate and share the love that you have for everyone important in your life. Here are 14 songs to help you get into the right mood and mind for this upcoming day. 

1. "Valentine" by Kina Grannis

Nothing shouts Valentine's Day like a song that is literally titled Valentine. If you like bubbly songs and discovering great Youtube musical talent, this one is for you. The music video is super cool and worth your time, too.

2. "You And I" by Ingrid Michaelson

This one is another super cute one that will get you in a happy mood — guaranteed.

3. "Say You Like Me" by We The Kings

This one is a lot more upbeat but equally as cute. The lyrics are also super easy to learn and the song is fun to sing along to in general.

4. "Just The Way You Are" by Bruno Mars

This one is a classic that everyone knows. Send this one to your significant other to show some love and appreciation (which is what the song is all about). This song is another one of those with a great music video.

5. "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz 

Everyone knows this song and if you don't, you've been living under a rock. This is a perfect song to sing along to this Valentine's Day.

6. "Rhythm Of Love" by Plain White T's 

This is yet another throwback song, but I'm not sorry. This one will get everyone moving and feeling warm inside.

7. "1, 2, 3, 4" by Plain White T's 

Here's to another Plain White T's song. This is another great song to send to your significant other (or any other person you love) to make him/her feel special and loved on this special day.

8. "Count On Me" by Bruno Mars

Don't have a significant other but want to make your friends feel loved (or want to friend zone someone in a discreet way)? This is the perfect song for you.

9. "God Da*n You're Beautiful" by Chester See

Not gonna lie, I might have shed a few tears while listening to this song. The lyrics are so beautifully written and will most definitely get you feeling a certain way. Also, this guy is a Youtuber (you're welcome for introducing you to another one).

10. "Missing Piece" by David Choi

I'm going to introduce you to yet another Youtuber, but this one is my all-time favorite. The music video is perfect, the lyrics are perfect and the overall vibe is perfect.

11. "By My Side" by David Choi

Yes, another one by my favorite singer. This one is a slower song that will definitely get you in the feels. I love listening to this song while walking down a pretty sidewalk.

12. "I Choose You" by Sara Bareilles

This one will literally get you smiling from ear to ear. Not only is the song beautiful, but the music video is unlike any other. This is most definitely the perfect song for Valentine's Day.

13. "I Don't Wanna Love Somebody Else" by A Great Big World

This is another slower song and the lyrics are super meaningful. This song oozes love and will get you feeling cozy.

14. "S.A.D" by Joseph Vincent

I thought I would take the time to dedicate this last one to all of you single people out there who really don't feel like celebrating Valentine's Day. And hey, that's OK! Enjoy this cute and fun song about being single.

Here's to celebrating love and happiness with those around us. Let's all hope your Valentine's Day is full of surprises and smiles! 

Lead Image Credit: Laura Ockel via Unsplash

Katie Kim - University of Georgia

Katie Kim is a junior editor for Fresh U. She is currently a sophomore at the University of Georgia majoring in Journalism. She loves candy (particularly Sour Patch Kids and Swedish Fish) and loves to sing and dance (even though she is not good at either of those activities). Follow her on Instagram where she shares some of her happiest moments :)