by Katie Czerwinski

This College Student Had the Best Reaction to Her Classmate's Disruptive Valentine's Day Gift

By Katie Czerwinski - Feb 15 2017

Carla Gozo was sitting in her philosophy class on Tuesday when she got a clear reminder from her classmates that it was Valentine’s Day.

Carla, a junior at Ateneo De Manila University in the Philippines, told Fresh U via Twitter direct message that the balloon was part of a program the university runs for Valentine’s Day.

“My school does this thing where you can get flowers or balloons sent to someone in their class on Valentine’s Day, and for this class I just so happen to sit at the back,” she said. “A little before class started, a balloon got delivered to the person sitting in front of me and it was kind of just right in front of my face blocking the screen for about five minutes, so I took a shame picture.”

Carla said the problem didn’t last for long, though, as the person put the balloon under their seat once the class started.

The tweet has over 148,000 likes, which Carla finds comforting since it shows she wasn’t the only one feeling annoyed by Valentine’s Day.

“You might be bitter or single, but it’s okay as long as your grades are good,” Carla said, “and because sometimes [over 100,000] people will be bitter and single with you.”

Lead Image Credit: Twitter

Katie Czerwinski - Syracuse University

Katie Czerwinski is a senior at Syracuse University studying magazine with a minor in psychology. She is obsessed with pineapples, long naps, and cooking shows. Follow her on Instagram @katie.czerwinski or on Twitter @katieczerwinski