by Katie Czerwinski

PSA: Here's How to Get Free Coffee on National Coffee Day

By Katie Czerwinski - Sep 28 2017

In today's ever-changing world, one thing is certain: coffee will never let a college student down. In 2017, the National Coffee Association found that 62 percent of Americans drink coffee on a daily basis — a number that's still increasing. With so many coffee lovers across the nation, it's easy to see why National Coffee Day is celebrated country-wide on Sept. 29 by coffee lovers and distributors alike. Here's how college students can get their daily fix a little more easily on National Coffee Day:

1. Krispy Kreme

Can't get coffee on National Coffee Day? You're in luck — Krispy Kreme is giving out free hot coffee (and small iced coffees) all weekend. 

2. Dunkin' Donuts

What better way to spread the news about National Coffee Day than sharing with a friend? Stop in your nearest Dunkin' and receive a free medium hot coffee with the purchase of a medium or larger hot coffee.

3. Cinnabon

Satisfy your sweet tooth and your coffee craving with a free 12 oz. coffee from Cinnabon on National Coffee Day.

4. Lyft

If you find yourself in a Lyft in Austin, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Portland, San Francisco or Seattle, you'll receive a free can of High Brew Coffee's cold brew.

5. Wawa

If you're near a Wawa, treat yourself to a free coffee in the size of your choosing.

6. McDonald's

McDonald's is joining in the celebration by offering a free medium McCafé with any purchase through their app. If you're just in it for the coffee, a small McCafé will be $2 on National Coffee Day.

7. Tim Hortons

Tim Hortons is extending National Coffee Day to National Coffee Week — just download their app and stop in before Oct. 8 for a free coffee in any size. 

8. 7-Eleven

If you're a 7Rewards member, you can get a free cup of coffee in any size for National Coffee Day.

How are you planning on celebrating #NationalCoffeeDay?

Katie Czerwinski - Syracuse University

Katie Czerwinski is a senior at Syracuse University studying magazine with a minor in psychology. She is obsessed with pineapples, long naps, and cooking shows. Follow her on Instagram @katie.czerwinski or on Twitter @katieczerwinski