by Kat Roth

This High School Student Took His Senior Pictures at Taco Bell

By Kat Roth - May 28 2017

Andrew McBurnie, a senior high school student, recently garnered a lot of attention when he shared his unique senior portraits on Twitter. Instead of a traditional venue, McBurnie chose Taco Bell as the place where he would capture these memories. 

"That specific Taco Bell has been a place me and my friends have hung out all [of] high school," McBurnie told Fresh U via Twitter direct message. "And that spot is my favorite spot. From freshman year it had been my goal to get some photos there."

The photos were an instant hit, which now have over 3,000 likes. 

"I didn't expect it to go this far at all. I simply thought people who knew me in town would see it and I knew it would do well in that sense. It's gone far farther than I planned but I'm OK with it!" said McBurnie of the newfound fame. 

People have reacted very enthusiastically to the photos, and Taco Bell even tweeted with their approval.

"Everyone has reacted very positive overall. It blew me away how much people had to say about them, when to me it had only been a joke, but other people finding joy in them brings me joy," McBurnie says.

As for the future, McBurnie plans on attending Olivet Nazarene University in the fall to study video production and musical theater.

More and more nontraditional photo shoots are happening nowadays, and with photos like these, it is certainly clear why. 

Lead image Credit: Andrew McBurnie via Twitter

Kat Roth -

Kat goes to UC Davis and studies Food Science.