Display concept astrology aries universe 159665
by Kamrin Baker

The 12 Zodiac Signs As College Majors

By Kamrin Baker - Apr 30 2017

I know astrological star signs aren't technically real. The stars don't spell out our personal worth or the path we will travel for the rest of our lives, especially if Bill Nye has anything to say about it. But ever since I was 11 years old, reading Girl's Life Magazine, I would flip hastily to the back pages where I found out what my beautiful Capricorn self would be facing that month. 

Zodiac signs are fun. I have a necklace with my constellation on it, and in my high school astronomy class, I refused to believe my teacher when he said horoscopes were make-believe. Even if science can't back up our day-to-day claims, the internet has made a home for information pages and key descriptions for each of the star signs, and to add to that little shindig, I decided to pair some main star sign characteristics with some possible compatible college majors. I'm not making mood boards for everyone and I certainly can't read your aura, but maybe I'll be smarter than those Buzzfeed quizzes, huh? 

Try me; I'm a Capricorn.

1. Aries (March 21 - April 19)

You are most likely a physical therapy or physical education major. You are likely an active, enthusiastic and upbeat individual with a spark inside of you to help others. You have a deep determination for success and are always up for an adventure. While you're charismatic and always on the go, you appreciate gradual strength and progress, which makes you fit for the call of duty in this profession.

2. Taurus (April 19 - May 20)

Taurus! Strong like bull! You're probably a social work major. You're known to be calm and well-tempered, but extremely passionate and stubborn, making you a strong-willed professional who can work to help others one-on-one or in a group setting. You make decisions when you sort everything out and are overflowing with creative energy. Look at you go, problem-solver.

3. Gemini (May 20 - June 21)

Oh, Gemini, you tend to get a lot of crap for being who you are. Since you're categorized as a "twin," you have a pattern of being multi-faceted and diverse in all you do. This means you're probably a theater major. You're full of creativity and need artistic outlets to stimulate your different sides, and the acting scene and all that it has to offer is perfect for you!

4. Cancer (June 21 - July 22)

You might have been named the crab because of your moody tendencies, Cancer, which isn't all bad, but definitely something to note. You're emotional, but devoted and nurturing. You are both intimate and defensive, which means you are probably a criminal justice or criminology major. You want to love and protect people but are also able to fight with all your heart and hold up a shield to the bad stuff.

5. Leo (July 22 - August 23)

You are probably a business major, Leo. You orbit the Sun and find yourself as the center of attention quite a lot, but you work with people well. You focus on leadership, responsibility and visibility, and I see you running the company or being VP of Sales somewhere. Keep striving for perfection but know you're amazing the way you are.

6. Virgo (August 23 - September 22)

Order in the court, Virgo! You might just be a pre-law major. Although you fight with self-doubt pretty regularly, you apply your brilliance and your talent to a balanced and helpful career. You want to work to find solutions, so you might work as a judge one day, a lawyer in a few years or even putting your passions first as a paralegal. No matter what, you will find the root of your self-esteem in helping others, and in turn, learning to help yourself in all you do.

7. Libra (September 22 - October 23)

You are most likely a design major, little Libra. Whether that means interior design, graphic design, fashion design, studio art design or something else along those lines, you work to find and create beauty in the world. You have solid relationships and are calm and collected, but when you're in your element, you turn up the power. You're a creative vessel for art, but you're also pragmatic and ethical. You're not just showy and pretty; you know what you're doing.

8. Scorpio (October 23 - November 22)

We're talking a political science major, dear Scorpio. You are likely a fiery and intense individual who has a knack for pushing the people in your life to either agree with you or change their lives for the better. You must always remind yourself to employ empathy and use your deep feeling and vulnerabilities to better the world now and in your future.

9. Sagittarius (November 22 - December 23)

Chances are, Sagittarius, you're a pilot who got lucky with 20/20 vision. I think you're an aviation major. You care about leaping into the world with your ideas and interests, but you also have the smarts to engineer the heck outta things. You have solid values and beliefs, but you're an optimistic daredevil. Keep flying. 

10. Capricorn (December 23 - January 20) 

Now, I might be a little biased, but I think this one is completely accurate. Capricorn, you are a journalism major. You love history and the smell of old books, but you live in a mindset that embraces change and learns lessons with ambition and eagerness. While you love knowing about history and social studies, your mind is better suited telling today's history. Your outer edge coats your soft soul in a way that makes you contemplative and emotionally open. Fill that heart with the stories of love, baby.

11. Aquarius (January 20 - February 19)

Aquarius, you are the biggest giver of them all. This makes you most suited to be an education major, a teacher. You must pursue your passions to live a good and full life, and those passions usually include helping others. You love being a part of a group and seeking purpose in all you achieve, rather than digging for riches. You are fair and generous, and we would be nothing without you.

12. Pisces (February 19 - March 20)

Call the Food Network, Pisces, because you're meant to be a culinary sciences major. While you have a very creative side and could be well-off in a music or art field, your down-to-earth flexibility makes you ready to serve. You focus on progress over perfection and are very in touch with your primal needs. And if you ask me, that means eating. Use your artsy aspect to make new and improved dishes, but be ready to kick into your natural and traditional instincts, too.

As I said, take your horoscope with a grain of salt. There is no scientific fact behind any astrological sign, but sometimes, it makes us feel more understood and special to believe Saturn made us this way for a reason. Go forth with whatever major you have chosen and know you will end up right where you're meant to be. (But kudos to me if I got these right!)

Kamrin Baker - University of Nebraska Omaha

University of Nebraska-Omaha 2020. Journalism & Media Communications major. Contributor with Oh Tiny Heart and the UNO Gateway Newspaper. Dog mom. Devout mozzarella stick lover. Instagram (@kamstagrams) addict. High-strung, but happy to be here. (And @thekamrinbaker on Twitter.)