by Kamrin Baker

13 Morning Mantras to Get You Through the Week

By Kamrin Baker - Feb 19 2017

• I regularly practice yoga and meditation, which has been a huge lifesaver over the years, especially now in college. My favorite yogi is Adrienne Mishler, and my favorite guided meditation leader is the one-and-only, Deepak Chopra. However, there are so many other professionals and peers who have ideas of their own. 

To prepare for the upcoming midterm season, this nonstop news cycle and the ever-moving machine we call college life, I've gathered some of my favorite morning mantras from every corner of the internet. OK, from the mental health corner of the internet. Next time you have a big presentation or daunting exam, turn to these babies to get you pumped. You could even sticky-note them to your desk, paint them on a canvas, or pair them with a power stance if you so fancy.

1. Daily Affirmation from Carla Hall

"God goes before me making smooth, easy and clears my way. No person, place or thing, or outside condition can affect me. I am power. I am worthy. I am free. I am creative. I am unique. I am confident. And so it is!" 
carla hall.com

2. Winnie the Pooh Positivity

“What day is it?” asked Pooh.
“It’s today,” squeaked Piglet.
“My favorite day,” said Pooh.

3. Self-knowledge from David Wolfe

Awareness is not just noticing what’s going on around you — it’s also about realizing what’s going on within you. Keep your eyes and mind open." 

4. I Choose Love

"I choose love. Everything I see is either an act of love or a call for love. I shine light upon the darkness, and I bring joy to the surface. Dropping drama and picking up love, I can again claim happiness and peace within. I choose to bring love to the situation that tempts me to follow fear. Love is my ultimate intention, and so I choose to live in a loving world." (via Aim Happy)
aim happy.com

5. Buddha on the Brain

"What you think, you become. 
What you feel, you attract.
What you imagine, you create." 

6. Today is a Gift

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive — to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love." (Marcus Aurelius)
mantraband.com

7. Show Up

"Be messy and complicated and afraid and show up anyways." (Glennon Doyle Melton)

8. Give and Take

"Do no harm, but take no shit." (Unknown)

9. Something for Today and Tomorrow

"Everything in my life works today and forevermore." (Louise Hay)

10. Be Here Now

"I am not a before. I am not an after. I am here now — learning, struggling, stumbling and loving. Now is the masterpiece. Growth is the juicy consequence." (Sarah L. Harvey)

11. Just Do It

"This you ought to know; it matters not how fast you can go, or how high you can climb, or how far you can throw, only the fact that you go!" (Erin Hanson)
thepoeticunderground.com

12. Let it Go

"This morning, let go of everything you didn't do right, the negative things people have said, and focus on all you are becoming." (Unknown)

13. Just Breathe 

"Inhale experience, exhale poetry." (Kamrin Baker)

That last one was my morning mantra. I'm sure someone said it before me, but I like to think it's special to me and my soul. I've rehearsed that idea ever since high school when my anxiety peaked. So, with that in mind, keep breathing, smiling and trying — even when it doesn't feel worth it. I promise, it is.

Kamrin Baker - University of Nebraska Omaha

University of Nebraska-Omaha 2020. Journalism & Media Communications major. Contributor with Oh Tiny Heart and the UNO Gateway Newspaper. Dog mom. Devout mozzarella stick lover. Instagram (@kamstagrams) addict. High-strung, but happy to be here. (And @thekamrinbaker on Twitter.)