Display tumblr nfcowr7bop1s7oknco1 1280
by Kameron Wilhelm

10 Appetizers You Can Actually Make in Your Dorm

By Kameron Wilhelm - Dec 02 2015

I do not know about you, but for me the hardest thing about being in college as a freshman is not being able to cook or bake. I absolutely adore cooking as I find it to be stress reliever. And now that December is in full swing, I want simple appetizers that I can cook in the dorm as snacks or meals to keep me going before and during Finals week. 

1. Pull Apart Garlic Pizza Bread. 

I know it does say to use an oven. If you do not have one, you can always use the microwave. If you cook it for 5 to 6 minutes, you should be fine. But test try before you make it fully as microwaves vary. But I mean, how wrong can you go here? Plus it is simple to store in the fridge. You can find the recipe here.

recipeneats.com

2. Banana Split Burrito.

This snack is quick and easy! And it does not require any cooking! Besides, chocolate with bananas are yummy. You can find the recipe here.

notyouraveragecollegefood.com

3. Vanilla Yogurt and Berry Parfait

I love parfaits because you can customize it to your needs. Plus, they can be extremely healthy. Of course, you are more than welcome to choose different berries than in the recipe. You can find the recipe here.

foodiewithfamily.com

4. Apples in a Bag.

This is super easy to do! It is also an easy clean up. You can find the recipe here.

salad-in-a-jar.com

5. Toast Nuts.

What better snack, that is simple and easy, to have while writing that paper you were assigned last week? Plus, it is really fast to make without much effort! I say that is a win-win situation. You can find the recipe here

unsophisticook.com

6. Nutella Mug Cake. 

I am sure you have heard of mug foods, where you make something in a mug. It is a brilliant idea. Well, if you love Nutella or cake, this might be right up your alley. You can find the recipe here

notyouraveragecollegefood.com

7. Couscous Greek Salad.

You do not have to use all of the ingredients. In fact, if you want, you could just cook the couscous and skip all the rest of the ingredients. Be creative! You can find the recipe here. You will also have to scroll down a little to find the recipe, but feel free to try the other ones as well! 

texas.spoonuniversity.com

8. Apple Chips.

If you cannot get parchment paper, a plate works just fine. You can find the recipe here

diethood.com

9. Mini Microwave Pizza.

This is a fairly straight forward recipe. If you cannot toast your bread, it can still be warmed up! You can find the recipe here. You will have to scroll down a bit, but it is there. I promise!

wisconsincheesetalk.com

10. Cheesy Broccoli Rice Casserole.

This is super super easy to make and really delicious! You can find the recipe here.

thetiptoefairy.com

Leading Image Credit: Tumblr

Kameron Wilhelm - James Madison University

Kameron Wilhelm is a freshman at James Madison University majoring in International Business. She enjoys curling up in a comfortable chair with a cup of tea while reading novels and memoirs. Some of her other passions include photography, geocaching, fashion and cooking. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram @totesitskam.