As we approach winter break, colleges are starting to stack up the assignments. Papers, homework and exams are flying at us, leaving scarcely any room to take a break. Busy weeks full of tests and deadlines are not easy to handle, but they can be manageable with these 6 tips!

1. Set your alarm.

Sleep is one of the most important factors in ensuring your success. Make sure that you go to bed at a decent hour and set an alarm so that you can continue to be productive during your waking hours.

2. Have set meal times.

A busy schedule means that you will sometimes forget about breakfast and lunch, and neglect the aching in your belly. But in order to think and work properly, you need fuel! Set meal times so that you can get the energy you need to continue along your busy day.

3. Make a to-do list.

To-do lists are physical representations of the goals and missions you have for the week. Writing down these assignments on paper and seeing it in front of you can remind you of what you need to do, as well as make your goals feel much more attainable.

4. Ask for help.

If you’re feeling stranded or stuck, look for help! Go to professor’s office hours, where they can walk you through some unfamiliar concepts. Find a friend in your classes who can work with you through the homework. There’s also bound to be some on-campus resources such as a writing center or a mentoring program that can help you with particularly difficult assignments.

5. Talk to friends and family.

Especially when busy and stressed, you need that support system! Have conversations with friends and FaceTime your family to alleviate some of that stress and to rejuvenate your motivation.

6. Don’t procrastinate.

It is very easy to put things off when you are busy with everything else, but it is very important during busy weeks that you try to finish all of your assignments early. This way, you’ll still have time for revisions and make time to study for upcoming exams.

Although stressful and frightening, these busy weeks of college are not entirely impossible. Plus, they can make you more prepared to take on new tasks in the future. Take these busy weeks as a learning experience and do your best to survive them!