Display getting 20glammed 5430.jpg
by Kailyn Slater

7 Ways to Stop Spending So Much On Beauty Products

By Kailyn Slater - Jan 18 2016

1. Research student discounts.

I guarantee that there will be stores offering student discounts all around your campus--most, however, won't tell you up front, because they want to profit off of your ignorance. Do some digging on their website, do a Google search, or straight up ask the employees working. 

2. Buy in bulk if you love a product.

I know, I know--the whole point of being on a budget means not spending a lot of money. But, if you buy in bulk from stores like Costco or online through Amazon, you'll be saving money in the long run. Key phrase here: in the long run.

3. Pick up samples before purchasing.

Samples are actually the greatest things available at a store--hopefully no one notices how much you took, though.

4. Ask friends if they can get employee discounts at their job.

One of the many ways that having actual friends pays off. 

5. Balance your budget/save up if you're saving for an expensive product.

We all know that there is that *one* foundation or that *one* bronzer that can't be matched...and that they also cost $50 each. Work your budget around to see if you can afford to treat yo' self.

6. Research cheap/drugstore dupes for expensive/brand-name products.

There are SO many good YouTube videos out there that match expensive products to cheap ones! E.L.F. always seems to have good dupes that are comparable to MAC, Too Faced, Urban Decay, etc. 

7. Watch good & bad reviews of a product on YouTube.

This is the best beauty hack, by far. It is SO essential to research a product, whether it be brand-name or drugstore. You're spending the money, so why not know what you're getting?

Lead Image Credit:

Kailyn Slater - School of the Art Institute of Chicago

Kailyn Slater is a first year student at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago studying Art & Technology Studies, Sculpture, Writing, Video, and Sound. She does everything and anything with a computer, while concurrently eating waffles and being sarcastic.