Display download
by Kailyn Slater

First Semester of Freshman Year, As Told By Parks & Recreation

By Kailyn Slater - Jan 01 2016

Here is the story of a little town called Pawnee, Indiana -- I mean, of your first semester of freshman year. 

1. When you meet your orientation group and walk EVERY INCH OF CAMPUS but you have to be social and productive to make friends:

2. Feelin' yourself after syllabus week & deciding you're going to go work out (to feel like you're organized/have your life together):

3. Getting an on-campus job because you hate asking your parents for money (especially after you blew all of your saved cash on pizza and snacks for your room):

4. Trying to make new food in your dorm when you realize you're going to run out of meal plan funds sooner than expected:

5. When midterms come around and you try to re-plan and re-evaluate your major/course plan because school is hard:

6. Making plans to come home for fall break and realizing all of your friends from high school are on completely different schedules than you:

7. Coming back to campus after Thanksgiving/fall break and realizing that you have finals in two weeks:

8. Finals week:

9. Seeing your loved ones after the stress of finals week:

10. Chillin' during winter break but realizing you go back to school in, like, a week and have to do a semester all over again:

Lead Image Credit: Netflix/Indiewire.com, GIF Credit: Tumblr

Kailyn Slater - School of the Art Institute of Chicago

Kailyn Slater is a first year student at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago studying Art & Technology Studies, Sculpture, Writing, Video, and Sound. She does everything and anything with a computer, while concurrently eating waffles and being sarcastic.