Display macklemore thrift shop fur coat dance
by Justine Kim

How to Dress for Parties now that it's Cold AF

By Justine Kim - Oct 23 2015

Disclaimer (Yes, I’m looking at you California and Florida): These tips pertain to residents of states that actually experience seasons…

Now that the weather is becoming chillier and the leaves are beginning to fall, we’re faced with a looming question… How the **** do we dress for hot, sweaty parties when it’s freezing outside? Fresh U has the answer.

COATS

Wear a coat. Being from the Midwest, I brush off the suggestion when it’s 50 degrees but as the frostbite warnings roll around the corner, I’m going to take all the insulation I can get. BUT.. WHERE DO I PUT IT? Good question conscience! In order to not lose or get your coat stolen, put your coat behind the couch, in the laundry machine, or just not in the huge pile: it will get lost.

Buzzfeed

FLANNELS

Flannels are a staple item everyone should have in their closet. In the fall, throw a flannel on top of your cute tank. Or for the lumberjacks out there, flannels go well with jeans and a nice pair of Timbs.

GIPHY

BOOTS

Even if your upper body is freezing as you trudge through the snow, boots will keep your feet from facing the harsh winter and there are plenty of cute boots for guys and gals that are waterproof and will keep your piggies warm.

GIPHY

LEGGINGS

Leggings are basically the new jeans. No one wants to be at a party and feel constricted by the waistband of the skinny jeans you barely got into. There is also an amazing thing called fleece lined leggings which not only provide comfort, but also warmth.

Buzzfeed

LAYERS, LAYERS, LAYERS!

Basically, what I’ve been getting at. ... wear anything on top so that if (when) it gets too hot, you can tie it around your waist. Light sweaters or cardigans are great for the fall and wool sweaters are great for the winter!

GIPHY

Lead Image Credit: KatAvenue

Justine Kim - Northwestern University

Justine Kim is a freshman at Northwestern University. She is currently Undecided and spends her free time reading self help books, eating dairy free froyo, and listening to jazz EDM. She also has a passion for social justice and politics, however, can't make up her mind about the 2016 presidential candidates. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter @jkimmy7.