Display calbears
by Joyce Cam

3 Perfect Outfits for National Tailgate Weekend at UC Berkeley

By Joyce Cam - Oct 04 2017

It's officially spooky season! Changing leaves, colder weather and of course, FOOTBALL! It's time to start thinking about perfect outfits to cheer on your team and to get excited for all the food, tailgates and games. 

National Tailgate Weekend is October 7-8 and although Cal won't be at home for their game against the Washington Huskies, us bears can still get spirited and cheer on our team all the way from Berkeley! Being the original University of California, Cal has always kept up its school spirit, especially during football season. With chants of "Go Bears!" and "GAME DAY!" constantly ringing through the campus town, clearly Cal has got spirit. On game days, you will find alumni, students and future bears going all out with blue and gold! 

Outfit #1: "WAKE UP! IT'S GAME DAY!" 

Picture Credit: Joyce Cam

Waking up in the morning can be dreadful, but the chanting of frats next door kind of makes waking up exciting. Dressing comfortably in the morning allows you to prepare your mind and body for the thrill of Game Day. This oversized top is PERFECT for starting your day. It's lightweight and oversized to make your mornings enjoyable and comfortable while showing school pride. 

Outfit #2: "GO!" "BEARS!" 

Photo Credit: Joyce Cam

Time to start your day and go out to get spirited with your fellow bears. Game Day festivities include walking around and showing off your school spirit. Constantly hearing "Go!" in the distance and automatically yelling "Bears!" without thinking about it is when you know you're officially ready for the game. Cute and comfy is always a great combination! A quick change to the unusually warm afternoons in Berkeley can guarantee a great Game Day experience. This super cute t-shirt is incredibly soft and shows off Cal wonderfully! Keeping a hair tie on you at all times is crucial! This spirited scrunchie is a subtle, but appreciated way to show school pride from head-to-toe.

Outfit #3: That Bay Area Weather

Photo Credit: Joyce Cam

The Bay Area is infamous for its extremely chilly nights. It does not take a break for anyone, not even football! Throwing a sweater over your outfit can keep you exceptionally warm while cheering on your bears! This classic hoodie will help combat the Bay Area weather! 

Although Cal will sadly not be playing home this weekend, that won't stop us bears from showing our school spirit. As the original University of California, we've got to set an example for the other UC's! Football game days are vital to have the real college experience. Hope these looks give you some ideas for how to celebrate game day while being comfortable and stylish. 

You can catch the Cal Bears vs Washington Huskies game on October 7 at ESPN or on the radio at KGA 810AM at 7:45 PM PT. 

GO BEARS!

Lead Image Credit: Joyce Cam 

Products provided by the Official Shop of Cal Bears

Joyce Cam - University of California, Berkeley

Joyce attends the University of California, Berkeley. Follow her on twitter/instagram @Joyce_Cam !