Join

Fresh U is an online publication for freshmen, by freshmen. We’re focused on content meaningful to freshmen, something overlooked by general college websites or school newspapers. This isn’t just an online destination for freshmen — Fresh U gives students the opportunity to become published writers and to be involved in the process of running their own publication their first year of college.

Contributing Writer Application

Freshman year is full of transitions and new experiences. From graduating high school to preparing to leave for home for the first time, our content aims to capture this unique time in your life and share it on a national platform. So if you're part of the class of 2020, we want you to write for our online publication for college freshmen, by college freshmen!

Apply Now!

News Writer

News is important to us. We want to grow our team of student reporters to cover the issues that matter to college students. This could range from inspiring stories of college acceptances, to campus activism and everything in between. News writers will learn to aggregate and write news content, but will also be responsible for finding and breaking original news stories.

Apply Now!

Politics Writer

Fresh U wants writers to create articles about current political events, movements, opinion pieces and other articles about politics that relates to college students. We feel that it is very important that our readers are up to date on a variety of political issues, but from the perspective of other college students so that everyone can understand and develop their own opinions based on articles written by you! You are free to pitch your own ideas, whether they pertain to your own opinion or are informational.

Apply Now!

Sports Writer

Sports is important to us. We want to grow our team of student reporters to cover the issues that matter to college students. This could range from inspiring stories to rating the top mascots and everything in between. Sports writers will learn to create interesting in-depth pieces, write captivating listicles and conduct interviews. Sports writes will cover content that allows them to express their opinions about what is happening in the sports world.

Apply Now!