Join

Fresh U is an online publication for freshmen, by freshmen. We’re focused on content meaningful to freshmen, something overlooked by general college websites or school newspapers. This isn’t just an online destination for freshmen — Fresh U gives students the opportunity to become published writers and to be involved in the process of running their own publication their first year of college.

Contributing Writer Application

Freshman year is full of transitions and new experiences. From graduating high school to preparing to leave for home for the first time, our content aims to capture this unique time in your life and share it on a national platform. So if you're part of the class of 2020, we want you to write for our online publication for college freshmen, by college freshmen!

Apply Now!

News Writer

News is important to us. We want to grow our team of student reporters to cover the issues that matter to college students. This could range from inspiring stories of college acceptances, to campus activism and everything in between. News writers will learn to aggregate and write news content, but will also be responsible for finding and breaking original news stories.

Apply Now!

Politics Writer

Fresh U wants writers to create articles about current political events, movements, opinion pieces and other articles about politics that relates to college students. We feel that it is very important that our readers are up to date on a variety of political issues, but from the perspective of other college students so that everyone can understand and develop their own opinions based on articles written by you! You are free to pitch your own ideas, whether they pertain to your own opinion or are informational.

Apply Now!

Campus Leader

Campus Leaders get the unique opportunity to uncover and create local content on their campus, curate campus content and events on school-specific Fresh U social media accounts, and collaborate with the Fresh U team on national campus series, like Campus Style Spotlight, Freshman Activism of the Week, or Weekly Dorm Room Inspo. Additionally, Campus Leaders will be asked to participate in partnerships with larger brands, contributing to collaborative articles with our partner Teen Vogue, or assisting with advertising campaigns. As a Campus Leader, you will be bringing the unique and important stories from your campus to a national level.

Apply Now!