Join

Fresh U is a national online publication geared toward college freshmen. Since launching in June 2015, Fresh U has grown to a staff of 300 contributing writers on more than 100 campuses and has a media partnership with Teen Vogue. The publication’s content ranges from the new experiences of college life to surfacing local news stories on college campuses using its network of contributing writers. The publication offers brands the opportunity to reach a group of newly minted, Gen-Z consumers who are making hundreds of purchasing decisions as they prepare for college life.

Contributing Writer Application

Contributing writers pitch and create quality editorial content related to freshman year, college life, or current events. Writers have the opportunity to interact and network with hundreds of freshmen attending colleges across the country, create an online portfolio of written work, work one-on-one with Fresh U editors, and have access to opportunities to write for specialized sections such as News and Politics. Contributing writers also have opportunities to work with Teen Vogue, Fresh U's media partner. These opportunities include (but are not limited to) being published on TeenVogue.com, contributing to original content for Teen Vogue, and working on paid school-specific investigative pieces for Teen Vogue.

Apply Now!

News Writer Application

News is important to us. We want to grow our team of student reporters to cover the issues that matter to college students. This could range from inspiring stories of college acceptances, to campus activism and everything in between. News writers will learn to aggregate and write news content, but will also be responsible for finding and breaking original news stories.

Apply Now!

Campus Social Creator

Fresh U's Campus Social Media Creators are responsible for running Facebook and Twitter accounts to represent Fresh U at their college or university. You'll provide useful information and entertainment to freshmen at your school, while also promoting Fresh U content (articles, videos, graphics) on your campus's Fresh U platforms.

Apply Now!

Politics Writer Application

Fresh U wants writers to create articles about current political events, movements, opinion pieces and other articles about politics that relates to college students. We feel that it is very important that our readers are up to date on a variety of political issues, but from the perspective of other college students so that everyone can understand and develop their own opinions based on articles written by you! You are free to pitch your own ideas, whether they pertain to your own opinion or are informational.

Apply Now!