Join

Fresh U is a national online publication geared toward college freshmen. Since launching in June 2015, Fresh U has grown to a staff of 300 contributing writers on more than 100 campuses and has a media partnership with Teen Vogue. The publication’s content ranges from the new experiences of college life to surfacing local news stories on college campuses using its network of contributing writers. The publication offers brands the opportunity to reach a group of newly minted, Gen-Z consumers who are making hundreds of purchasing decisions as they prepare for college life.

Contributing Writer Application

Freshman year is full of transitions and new experiences. From graduating high school to preparing to leave for home for the first time, our content aims to capture this unique time in your life and share it on a national platform. So if you're part of the class of 2020, we want you to write for our online publication for college freshmen, by college freshmen!

Apply Now!

News Writer

News is important to us. We want to grow our team of student reporters to cover the issues that matter to college students. This could range from inspiring stories of college acceptances, to campus activism and everything in between. News writers will learn to aggregate and write news content, but will also be responsible for finding and breaking original news stories.

Apply Now!

Politics Writer

Fresh U wants writers to create articles about current political events, movements, opinion pieces and other articles about politics that relates to college students. We feel that it is very important that our readers are up to date on a variety of political issues, but from the perspective of other college students so that everyone can understand and develop their own opinions based on articles written by you! You are free to pitch your own ideas, whether they pertain to your own opinion or are informational.

Apply Now!

Food Writers

Do you have to eat food to survive? So do I! We have so much in common! Have you ever gotten emotional while eating something? Have you ever found yourself ranting to a friend of yours about a new restaurant or food you tried? You should write articles and make videos about food! Whether it will be about food trends (think huge milkshakes, rainbow everything) or food reviews (is there a place on your campus you've always wanted to try?Is there somewhere you always go? Write about it!) list articles (ex: Top Ten College Diners Across the Country), investigative journalism or recipe packages, we want you to have as much fun with food as possible and tell the masses about it!

Apply Now!