Display use tumblr mq7s58awoo1rud1uqo1 500
by Joanne Iglesias

An Open Letter to My Squad

By Joanne Iglesias - Dec 13 2015

Dear Low Pod Squad,

Do you remember move-in day, the day we all lugged boxes filled with clothes, keepsakes, food, and more all the way up the humid staircase to the fourth floor's low pod? On this day, I didn’t know any of you, and I would have never guessed that in a mere three months, I would consider you my family. Without you guys, I wouldn’t have been able to survive my first semester of college. The laughs and the adventures that we’ve all shared are memories that I will carry with me for a lifetime. Thank you for accepting my quirky self, and thank you for being there when I needed a shoulder to cry on.

I love you with all my heart. Although this may sound a little corny, I honestly want you all to know that you have made my college experience such a great one so far. With the semester coming to its end, I can't help look back on all the adventures we've all had together from day one to now. I will never forget the first time we all met when where we all played spoons. I will never forget the many times we all spent in the pod coloring kaleidoscope pictures to relieve our college stresses. I will never forget the many girl's night where all the boys would crash. I will always remember the times we've shared and the memories made.

There aren't enough words in the dictionary to describe how much I love and appreciate you all. From the late night heart to heart talks to the laughing fests in the lounge, you’ve all made my college experience a memorable one. I've never been so close to a group of people, and I must say, I couldn't be more happier to be a part of your lives. 

Now as winter break approaches and we return to our hometowns for the next month, I hope you all know that next semester we will all create even more wonderful memories. If I can spend it with all of you, I know that the next four years will be the best years of my life. 

Lead Image Credit: Flickr

Joanne Iglesias - William Paterson University