Display photo 1462536943532 57a629f6cc60
by Jenna Ciccotelli

The Reason This High School Held Two Graduation Ceremonies Will Make You Emotional

By Jenna Ciccotelli - Jun 23 2016

High school graduation is usually a one-time thing, but for most seniors at East Juniata (Pennsylvania) High School, they put on the show a second time.

ABC 27 reported that Scott Dunn, a senior at the high school, was in a car accident that left him in a coma. When Dunn awoke on May 28, he was heartbroken that he had missed his graduation ceremony, which took place on May 26.

Principal Benjamin Fausey was determined to give Dunn the graduation he deserved. “There’s only one high school graduation that people get," he said. Three weeks after their own graduation, over half of Dunn's classmates attended a graduation ceremony in their caps and gowns. Dunn's name was the only name called.

"I’m speechless,” Dunn said. “I don’t know how to even explain it. I’m speechless to know that this many people are behind me."

After his recovery, which of course is the most important step, Dunn is unsure of what he will go on to do in the future.

Lead Image Credit: Baim Hanif via Unsplash

Jenna Ciccotelli - Northeastern University