by Jenna Ciccotelli

This 8 Year Old Just Landed A Scholarship To University of North Texas

By Jenna Ciccotelli - Oct 02 2016

Eight year old Jordin Phipps and her mother didn't think anything of it when they shot a quick video and uploaded it to the Internet.

In the 41 second long video, Jordin wears a University of North Texas shirt and shares her passion for learning with the world. "I will do my best and I will study hard for every test," she promises.

According to Fox 4, Jordin was the center of attention at a school program, where UNT officials presented her with a $10,000 scholarship and early acceptance to the university.  "I wanted to go there because my mom went there," Jordin said of UNT. 

At the ceremony, she was also awarded the President's Award for Leadership. Many of her family members were in attendance.

"Never in a million years did I think that video last Tuesday would turn into this,” Jordin's mother, Nichole Smith, told Fox 4.

Rebecca Lothringer, who has worked with UNT for over two decades, told Fox 4 that Jordin is the youngest student to have been accepted at the school. 

"It was just because Jordin was so special. She touched us with her video and her spirit and her positive attitude," she said.

Jordin, who is in third grade, has a few more years left before she is ready to head to college, but if her video is any indication, we're sure she'll do fine.

Lead Image Credit: Fox 4 via YouTube

Jenna Ciccotelli - Northeastern University