by Jenna Ciccotelli

Two Guys Made Trump and Clinton Cereal to Sell at the Conventions

By Jenna Ciccotelli - Jul 22 2016

Many different souvenirs can be found outside of the Republican National Convention in Cleveland, including Trump condoms, bobbleheads, and t-shirts...and Trump Flakes and Clinton Crunch.

Two guys from New Jersey decided to have a little fun regarding a serious topic such as politics, according to Cosmopolitan

Darrin Maconi and Dan Malafronte are selling the one of a kind cereals at the Republican and Democratic Conventions for $40 each or $60 as a pair. Though it may seem like a high price to pay for Frosted Flakes and Cap'n Crunch knockoffs, Maconi is confident in the idea. 

"If you had Reagan Flakes, or Kennedy Crunch, and you had it from, like, 50, 60 years ago in your closet, you'd be like, 'Yeah, that was really cool. I remember that time,'" he told Cosmopolitan.
Twitter

According to Cosmopolitan, Maconi and Malafronte spent over 100 hours preparing 1,000 boxes of cereal. They drove their stock in a U-Haul to the GOP Convention in Cleveland, where Trump Flakes have been popular. The leftover boxes will be taken to the Democratic Convention in Philadelphia.

"We want people to look back and say that we supported a college student and got a limited-edition cereal," Maconi said to Cosmopolitan

The profits from the project will be used to fund Malafronte's college tuition at Brookedale Community College in New Jersey, where he is majoring in business.

If his entrepreneurial skills are any clue, we're betting he'll do great in the field.

Lead Image Credit: Geralt via Pixabay

Jenna Ciccotelli - Northeastern University