Display photo 1424847651672 bf20a4b0982b
by Jenna Ciccotelli

These Are The Top 10 Colleges With The Best Food

By Jenna Ciccotelli - Oct 18 2016

A lot of thought is put into college decisions -- class sizes, affordability, reputation...of course, dining options has to be up there on the list. Niche released their list of 2017's Best College Food in America, and our stomachs are already weighing the possibilities of transferring for dining halls.

10. University of Georgia

The University of Georgia boasts a 4.2 rating out of 5 on Niche, based on student surveys and features five dining halls and three food courts.

9. James Madison University

JMU has a 4.3 out of 5 rating on Niche based on student surveys, with three dining halls

8. California Baptist University

CBU scored a 4.4 out of 5 on Niche with an average meal plan cost of $4,760. According to their website, the "Culinary Team works tirelessly to design menus that are fresh, delicious, nutritious, and served quickly--without losing customization."

7. UMass Amherst

UMass also scored a 4.4 out of 5 and features 4 dining halls and tireless other food accommodations.

6. Bates College

The Maine college received a score of 4.6 out of 5 on Niche. Their website features a virtual "napkin board" where students can post comments and request their favorite dining hall foods.

5. Bowdoin College

There's just something in the water up there in Maine, as the number 5 spot is held by a Maine college as well. Bowdoin received a 4.7 out of 5 on Niche and has two dining halls on campus. It also features Jack Magee's Pub and Grill, named after a former track coach at the school, where students can fuel up with fresh grill or grab and go options.

4. Culinary Institute of America

Naturally. The CIA's New York campus has an average meal plan cost of $2,800 and features 4 separate meal plan levels, which can be used in different kitchens throughout campus.

3. Washington University in St. Louis

With a 4.6 out of 5 ranking on Niche, Washington U starts out the top three. With five dining halls, you won't go hungry here.

2. Virginia Tech

With a 4.6 out of 5 rating and an average meal plan cost of $3,730, Virginia Tech falls just short of first place. VT boasts multiple dining halls, as well as food trucks around campus. 

1. University of California, Los Angeles

UCLA isn't just good for its food - Niche also ranked them 34 on the list of the Best Colleges in America. With a score of 4.4 out of 5 from almost 600 respondents, we can't argue with UCLA. Especially not after seeing these pictures.

View the full list of Best College Food in America here. I'm going to go get a snack.

Lead Image Credit: Ali Inay via Unsplash

Jenna Ciccotelli - Northeastern University