Display jar
by Jenna Ciccotelli

The 8 Best Grad Gifts for Your BFFs

By Jenna Ciccotelli - May 30 2016

What do you get to give back to the friends who gave you everything? Graduation season is in full swing, and these gift ideas are super easy, cheap and meaningful, making them perfect to give to all of your BFFs.

1. Graduation Hat Jar

Hip2Save

These mason jars feature a cap and tassel on the lid, which makes them cute and all the more appropriate for a graduation. The best part about this gift, besides how easy they are to make, is how they can be totally personalized. This tutorial suggests rolling money into diploma shapes and adding chocolate coins, but you can fill the jar with anything your BFFs love!

2. DIY Memory Board

Home. Made. Interest.

With a basic plaque that can be purchased any craft store, the possibilities are endless. Using glue dots or modge podge, attach pictures, tickets or anything else that you and your friends shared together to create a gift that will look so cute in a dorm room! 

3. The Classic Collage

Pinterest

You can't go wrong with framing some pictures and creating something that will be easy to take to college and display. Bonus points if you touch it up and make it all the more specific to you and your group, like I would do with my Friends-obsessed friends.

4. T-Shirt Swap

Grits and Giggles

My BFFs and I are doing this---we're getting each other matching shirts from our schools and giving them as gifts. It's simple and meaningful and you can never have too many t-shirts!

5. Personalized Dot Mugs

Good and Messy

I'm not an artist, so one look at these mugs that seem to deal with the whole negative space idea totally throws me for a loop, but this tutorial is easy to follow and has great pictures throughout. Using your friends' initials and their favorite color creates a simple gift that will be useful in college.

6. Something Sweet

Funky Polkadot Giraffe

"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet," or so Romeo claimed in Shakespeare's classic; but this candy bouquet is surely even sweeter than its floral counterpart. Check out the tutorial here.

7. Watercolor Cards

Brit.co

These cards are so gorgeous and are sure to make onto anyone's dorm walls. Write your bestie an inspirational message, their favorite quote or keep it simple with the letter of their first name. These decorations look difficult but are so simple! This site has a tutorial with lots of pictures to follow along, and some good ideas if you're stumped on what to write.

8. DIY Photo Calendar

A Beautiful Mess

Though a little more time-intensive than some of the other projects, a photo calendar is another great gift idea that will help your besties remember you and all of their important dates. You can order prints of photos or print them at home and use a mini calendar or find calendar pages online. Another picture heavy tutorial is a great guide.

Whichever gift you choose to give to your BFFs, any you choose from this list is sure to be a hit.

Lead Image Credit: Hip2Save

Jenna Ciccotelli - Northeastern University