by Jenna Ciccotelli

Malia Obama Lived Her Best Life at Lollapalooza

By Jenna Ciccotelli - Aug 03 2016

It's estimated that 400,000 people attended Lollapalooza this past weekend in Chicago. You probably haven't heard about any of the other festival-goers -- naturally we'll pick on Malia Obama, who, as one of the first daughter of the United States, should *obviously* be kept under lock and key in a tower far removed from all the land (the next Rapunzel, perhaps?).

Headlines from news outlets across the world are calling Malia out for "skipping the DNC" and accusing her of "bumping and grinding" during her weekend at the music festival. As someone the same age as Malia, I can promise you that the majority of teens I know would much rather spend their weekend dancing to J. Cole, the 1975, and Halsey than at the DNC. Of course, this logic won't apply here, and according to social media, Malia Obama should not be allowed to live the life of a normal eighteen year old girl because she lives in the White House.

Luckily, there were some sane people out there who realized just how ridiculous it was for the world to be in uproar over a teenage girl having fun.

Unfortunately, this isn't the first time that Malia and her  younger sister Sasha have been criticized for acting like normal girls. Over the last eight years, they've been chastised in the media for looking bored and wearing expensive dresses. Luckily for them, (but maybe not for the rest of us), the upcoming election will bring in a new first family for critics to pick on.

Lead Image Credit: @cleaaaver via Twitter

Jenna Ciccotelli - Northeastern University