Display co i1 2wcaajvu0.jpg large
by Jenna Ciccotelli

In a New Poll, Harambe Takes 5 Percent of the Vote

By Jenna Ciccotelli - Aug 04 2016

Are you still stuck choosing between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton? If so, you're not alone. According to a new poll by Public Policy Polling, some people are so stuck that they would vote for Harambe.

Harambe, the gorilla who was shot and killed at the Cincinnati Zoo in May after a young boy found his way into the enclosure, was the subject of two questions on the latest survey. The poll does not give background information on the gorilla, instead framing him as a real candidate that may be interpreted as an Independent. Question 9 asked voters if they had "a favorable or unfavorable opinion of Harambe." 69 percent of voters said they were unsure, compared to 27 percent who had unfavorable opinions and 5 percent who favored the gorilla. Question 10 asked who the respondent would vote for if the candidates were Clinton, Trump, and Harambe. Harambe received 5 percent of the votes.

Public Policy Polling chooses unique questions often, and they take suggestions from the public. According to ABC 15, the group has asked if the USA should bomb the fictional kingdom in Disney's Aladdin, and tried to gain feedback on voters' opinions of the Dunder Mifflin Paper Company.

While the cluelessness of some voters may be, well, terrifying, some may see these statistics as hope for the future of our country. 

Lead Image Credit: Total Frat Move via Twitter

Jenna Ciccotelli - Northeastern University