by Jenna Ciccotelli

FIU Is Giving Tablets To Students Who Attend Football Games

By Jenna Ciccotelli - Sep 12 2016

In an effort to raise student attendance at home football games, Florida International University is getting creative.

The school's newest tactic will give students valuable gadgets in regards to the amount of home games they attend. According to FIU's athletics website, students who attend five of the seven home games will receive an Amazon Fire Stick, and students who attend all seven home games have the option to choose between the Fire Stick or an Android tablet. The free tech toys are given out in addition to All-You-Can-Eat wristbands, which are distributed to the first 500 students at each game and redeemable at a designated stand for rotating menu fare.

This isn't the first time FIU has offered students a reward for cheering on the home team. In 2015, the school gave out $1,000 scholarships to 20 students during a game, according to The Miami New Times.

FIU's fight to raise attendance is one they need to win. The school has fallen below the NCAA's mandated average of 15,000 tickets sold per game in both 2012 and 2014, putting its eligibility to compete in Bowl games at risk.

We speak for everyone when we say we want to transfer here.

Lead Image Credit: Youtube

Jenna Ciccotelli - Northeastern University