by Jenna Ciccotelli

Drake Visited Drake University...at 2 A.M. When Everyone Was Asleep

By Jenna Ciccotelli - Oct 07 2016

Students at Drake University had been using the hashtag #BringDrakeToDrake leading up to his October 4th concert at Wells Fargo Arena, but it's a safe bet that none of them expected the singer to follow through.

champagnepapi via Instagram

According to Who TV, students at Drake got their hopes up when the rapper "left a response to an Instagram post from the university of a Photoshopped picture of Drake on campus." Drake commented, "I'mma pull up on ya."

And he did. At 2 a.m.

champagnepapi via Instagram

While he was there, Drake made a stop at the Kappa Kappa Gamma and Kappa Alpha Theta sorority houses, where no one was awake. 

One junior, Ben Scott, claims to be the only student who met Drake on campus. 

"I think I was the only one that actually saw him and spoke to him, which was phenomenal. I can't believe it happened," he told KTLA.

champagnepapi via Instagram

“Now we're in disbelief together that it actually happened,” Drake Student Body President Thalia Anguiano, who helped to organize the movement, told KTLA.

While most students missed out on meeting the superstar, Drake University is here to help; they've placed markers down where Drake stood on their sign for anyone wanting to recreate the moment.

@DrakeUniversity via Twitter

The power of social media here is inspiring. BRB, going to go create a hashtag to bring every celebrity I've ever loved right to me.

Lead Image Credit: Drake via Instagram

Jenna Ciccotelli - Northeastern University