Display qli7bgpxwtm filip gielda
by Jared Fembleaux

5 Things to Do on a Snow Day

By Jared Fembleaux - Dec 20 2016

If you go to a school in state where snow is a normal occurrence during the winter season, there is an extremely good chance that you are going to have a few snow days in the new semester. But if you haven't lived most of your life dealing with snow or if you just get bored on snow days because you don't know what to do, try one of these activities to make your snow day more fun and productive!

1. Catch up on work.

Thomas Lefebvre via Unsplash

Snow days are the perfect days to catch up on any homework, projects or other work that you have to get done. Take advantage of the extra 24 hours to get as much done as possible. This could mean one less late night or one less day of stress!

2. Relax and watch some Netflix.

Jens Kreuter via Unsplash

If you don't have much work to get done and you just want a relaxing day, Netflix is always there to help the hours pass. Not sure what to watch? Check out 8 Movies to Watch on Netflix if You Need a Good Cry to start!

3. Bake.

Kari Shea via Unsplash

If you have a kitchen at school, chances are you most likely don't use it very often. Snow days are the perfect days to safely test out some new recipes and bake some goodies for you and your roommates! This will definitely help the time pass and offers a tasty end product!  

4. Clean and redecorate.

Alisa Anton via Unsplash

Who needs a spring cleaning day when you have snow days to do it? These days are perfect to go through all of your items and clothing to see what you really want to keep and what you want to get rid of or donate. If you choose to stay inside on a snow day, this is the perfect opportunity to rearrange some furniture to "feng shui" your dorm and test out multiple room layouts!

5. Play in the snow.

Paul Green via Unsplash

"Do you want to build a snowman? It doesn't have to be a snowman." The biggest thing that you should try to do is to get out and have some fun! Build a snowman, have a snowball fight and make some snow angels. Sometimes the best thing to do is to get bundled up and enjoy the cold weather with your friends.

Whatever you like to do on snow days, make sure you enjoy them as much as you can! Get work done, be creative and play in the snow! Do you have any activities that you love to do on snow days or have any good movies to watch or goods to bake? Let Fresh U know on our Facebook or Twitter!

Lead Image Credit: Filip Gielda via Unsplash

Jared Fembleaux - Loyola Marymount University

Jared Fembleaux is a freshman screenwriting major at Loyola Marymount University. Jared loves dogs, Netflix and creating artwork. Follow him on Instagram @fembleaux!