Display community 8
by Jade Miller

8 TV Shows That Got College Completely Wrong

By Jade Miller - Dec 27 2015

Let's get right to it, shall we? 

1. Saved by the Bell: The College Years

Amazon

Because as much as as I'm sure Zack and Kelly loved their lab, no one likes a class after 5 p.m. 

2. GREEK

newonnetflix

First of all, fake sororities and fraternities. Second of all, who get's dressed in business casual gear for a 9 a.m. class? Exactly. No one. 

3. Boy Meets World - Seasons 6 and 7 

nydailynews

I don't remember ever sitting in the lounge to actually lounge. I mean, I don't think I've ever not gone into the lounge to study. Interesting. 

4. Blue Mountain State

Tumblr

While it does depict sports pretty well, it seems to have a big discrepancy: 24 hour hazing rituals. I mean, at least, I don't have those at my school. 

5. Friday Night Lights

technologytell

There's a lot of talk in this show about scholarships and attending college, there is no way a college-level coach would ditch the college level to go back to the high school-level coaching. It just doesn't seem right. 

6. How I Met Your Mother

parkthatcar

I'm preeeeetty sure that college students don't just smoke all day. I could be wrong though. 

7. Veronica Mars

pmcdeadline2

Since when do college students make good private investigators? I mean, I guess it makes sense. They're pretty good at hiding things from their parents. But still...

8. Community

bingeboy

While the show is based off its writer's own experiences, I find it very unlikely that a billionaire, a lying lawyer, a single mother, an injured athlete who lost his scholarship, an activist, the dean of the school and a teacher/eventual student would become  a close knit group. But then again, I could be wrong. And the show's great anyway, so who cares?

I'm sure there are others, but these are just to knock a few off your list of shows that don't show college the way it actually is.

Lead Image Credit: http://images.starpulse.com/news/bloggers/643737/blog_images/community-8.jpg

Jade Miller - University of Rochester

Jade Miller is a sophomore at the University of Rochester double majoring in Business and English Literature. She is a Junior Editor for the Fresh U national site. She is a member of the sorority Gamma Phi Beta and also a coxswain for UR Rowing. She loves dogs, reading, and having a single this year in her res hall. Follow her on Twitter @jade_miller_