Display giphy
by Jade Miller

6 Alternative Games to Beer Pong

By Jade Miller - Dec 02 2015

Sure, you may have pong balls always handy, but what happens when you're at a Frat House, or a mixer, and you can't find one? Here's a list of new drinking games you can play to replace Beer Pong, because let's be real, it can get a little boring. You can get everything you need (minus the alcohol) on Amazon – from pong balls, red solo cups, and cards. 

1. Flip Cup (the classic).

Rules: Two teams, usually of 5 or so. The game starts with all glasses filled to ¼ cup. Each player matches up with the person across the table from them. The first player on each side starts the game with a down-up-down motion with their cup. With cup in hand they touch the cup to the table, touch the cup to one another’s (opening ceremony) and touch the cup once again to the table before drinking the contents of their cup as fast as they can (down-up-down-drink). After they flip, the next person in line goes. First team to finish wins. 

2. Slap Cup (the one that kills you)

Rules: Everyone surrounds a table. There are lots (LOTS) of red solo cups filled to about beer pong level, except for one in the middle, which is filled to the brim. About 3-4 people start with cups, drink, and try to flip it. After flipping, you either pass to the person on your left, or anyone else at the table without a cup. If you flip your cup before the person to your left, you can slap their cup, and they have to take a cup from the middle, and drink it, and start over. Your cup goes to the next person down the line. Eventually, there's one cup left, the one filled to the brim. Whoever gets slapped last, has to drink the entire thing. (This is not a game for a lightweight. Do not get involved, because you will come out of the night drunk.)

3. Power Hour.

Rules: Usually using beer. Take a sip of beer, every minute, on the minute, for an hour. Hope you make it out alive. 

4. American Revolution Pong.

College Humor

Rules: Self explanatory. Good for USA Themed mixers or parties. 

5. Most Likely.

Rules: Meant to be played in a smaller get together, not so much a party (but still, a great choice). Everyone sits in a circle and one player asks a “most likely” question, like "who would be most likely to accost Channing Tatum in public?” or “Who would be most likely to eat someone else’s food?” On the count of three, everyone points to whoever they think would be most likely to do whatever act was mentioned. You have to take a drink for every person who’s pointing at you (so if seven people think you’d accost Channing Tatum, you have to take seven drinks).

6. Kings Cup (be cautious with this one).

Rules: You'll need 1 deck of cards, 2 or more players, alcoholic beverages - typically wine, beer, or mixed drinks - or non alcoholic beverages and a large cup which will be used as the King's Cup. The rules get a bit complicated, so follow this wiki link to learn about it.

And yes. There are more. But if I were to go on any longer, this article would never end. So, next time you're at a party, think about bringing one of these up. Be the next party guru--the next drinking game genius. It's on you now. Well, maybe not. But still. Point stands. 

Lead Image Credit: Giphy

Jade Miller - University of Rochester

Jade Miller is a sophomore at the University of Rochester double majoring in Business and English Literature. She is a Junior Editor for the Fresh U national site. She is a member of the sorority Gamma Phi Beta and also a coxswain for UR Rowing. She loves dogs, reading, and having a single this year in her res hall. Follow her on Twitter @jade_miller_