Display lionel richie alpha phi alpha
by Jade Miller

10 Famous Musicians Who Were in Greek Life

By Jade Miller - Jan 29 2016

1. Sheryl Crow - University of Missouri (And yes, that is her in the center!)

Sororities: Kappa Alpha Theta along with Sigma Alpha Iota (which was a music fraternity for women). She was also inducted into Omicron Delta Kappa when she graduated (this was an honor society).

2. Tim McGraw - Northeast Louisiana University

Fraternity: Pi Kappa Alpha

3. Kenny Chesney - East Tennessee State University

Fraternity: Lambda Chi Alpha, but the fraternity was on probation in 2011 and suspended in 2014 at ETSU due to hazing and accepting ineligible pledges. 

4. Kristin Chenoweth - Oklahoma City University

Sorority: Gamma Phi Beta

5. Art Garfunkel and Paul Simon - Columbia College and Queens College, respectively

Fraternity: Alpha Epsilon Pi

6. Carrie Underwood - Northeastern State University (Fun fact, her music video, All-American Girl, features the sorority!)

Sorority: Sigma Sigma Sigma 

7. Aubrey O'Day - University of California, Irvine

Sorority: Alpha Chi Omega

8. Alicia Keys - Columbia University

Sorority: Had to drop out due to her music career, but became an honorary member of Alpha Kappa Alpha in 2004

9. Lionel Richie - Tuskegee University

Fraternities: Kappa Kappa Psi and Alpha Phi Alpha. But he's not the only of the notable members of Alpha Phi Alpha. Others include Duke Ellington, Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., Fredrick Douglass and Thurgood Marshall to name a few.

10. Luke Bryan - Georgia Southern University

Fraternity: Sigma Chi

Lead Image Credit:

Jade Miller - University of Rochester

Jade Miller is a sophomore at the University of Rochester double majoring in Business and English Literature. She is a Junior Editor for the Fresh U national site. She is a member of the sorority Gamma Phi Beta and also a coxswain for UR Rowing. She loves dogs, reading, and having a single this year in her res hall. Follow her on Twitter @jade_miller_