Display fwiends
by Izabella Louk

8 Things to do When You're Having a Bad Day at College

By Izabella Louk - Feb 03 2017

We all have some not-so-great days at college. Whether you're bummed about a grade, you aren't getting enough sleep, your friends are annoying you or you're simply having a bad hair day, it's natural that college isn't just rainbows and unicorns all day. That being said, it's no fun being sad, so here are eight things to do when you're having a bad day at college.

1. Listen to your favorite music.

If your favorite song is "Hello" by Adele, or anything equally as emotional, maybe this isn't a good idea, but I always find listening to upbeat music helps. My current personal favorite is anything from Moana.

2. Dance.

Once you have your favorite tune, you can jam out in your dorm room and dance like no one is watching. Your textbooks will appreciate the free concert.

3. Talk it out with your roommate.

We've all been there; you have a huge problem, you talk it over with your roommate and suddenly you have no idea what you were stressed about in the first place. Roommates are great to talk to as they usually understand exactly what's going on.

4. Make hot chocolate.

When your world is falling apart, you're overwhelmed with all the work you have to do and it's cold and dreary outside, sometimes all you need is a hot chocolate piled high with marshmallows to brighten your day up.

5. Watch Youtube videos.

Who doesn't have a favorite video of a cat or baby goat in pajamas that makes you laugh your head off and forget about everything else?

6. Go for a walk.

Let's face it, most of us are totally unaware of our surroundings, never really making it past the dining hall or the furthest classroom. Even if you only have ten minutes, it can be really relaxing to go for a quick walk and explore your surroundings.

7. Get crafty.

Not all of us are Pinterest level crafters, but that doesn't really matter. Coloring or knitting or baking some cookies can be distracting and relaxing all in one

8. Let it out.

Sometimes there really isn't a better solution than to cry or vent or do whatever it is you need to do. So just let it out, and most of the time you'll feel significantly better.

So there you have it, whilst college isn't going to be amazing all of the time, there are things you can do to turn a bad day around. So get dancing, knitting, walking or doing whatever floats your boat and turn that frown upside down.

Izabella Louk - Drew University

Izabella is a freshman international student at Drew university in New Jersey, double majoring in Theatre and Asian Studies. When she's not busy insisting that New Jersey really is fantastic to her friends back home in Australia, she enjoys dancing, writing, baking, and cuddling her dog. You can follow her on instagram at _aliceinunicornland_