Display robber
by Hannah Holzer

A List of Colleges with the Highest Robbery Rates

By Hannah Holzer - Aug 11 2016

Using 2014 data gathered and published by the U.S. Department of Education, StartClass has compiled a list of the top 100 medium-sized colleges – those which have 5,000 or more students – with the highest rate of reported robberies in the U.S.

The list took into account reported crimes that occurred in campus-controlled/monitored buildings both on and off campus, as well as public areas around the college campus.

The college found with the greatest rate of robberies is Green River community college – with 34.112 reported robberies per 10,000 students. In the top ten were both the University of Baltimore-Maryland and the University of Baltimore, as well as Yale – which took fourth place with 25.13 robberies per 10,000 students.

UC Berkeley fell into the top 15 schools on the list – with about 12 robberies per 10,000 students. 

Other notable colleges which fell into the top 50 include Northeastern, the University of Pennsylvania, Alabama State University and MIT.

The full fifty are viewable here.

Lead Image Credit: Matthew Marco (spazowham) via Flickr Commons 

Hannah Holzer - UC Davis

Soon-to-be UC Davis freshman, journalist, film enthusiast & baker extraordinaire.