by Hannah Cooper

The Stages of Going Back to School After Winter Break, As Told By 'Friends'

By Hannah Cooper - Jan 09 2018

Winter break is a big relief from the stresses of the preceding fall semester, but going back to school can be just as exciting as heading into break. Here are the stages of heading back to school after a long, cozy break as told by "Friends."

1. Realizing that you had required reading to do before the first class.

We were supposed to read the book before class!? But we were on a break!

2. Getting to see all of your school friends that you missed over break.

Nothing is more exciting about getting back from break than reuniting with the squad.

3. Realizing you left something at home when you were packing.

It's hard to keep track of everything when you're essentially living out of a suitcase in your own home, you know.

4. Trying to stay awake in lectures again.

Let's be honest, some of these lectures start earlier than we would even wake up over break. The struggle to fight sleeping in class has returned.

5. Just waking up in general again.

Winter break was prime time for sleeping in, so actually having to wake up to do things is a process that'll take some adjusting to all over again.

6. Reflecting upon some grades from last semester.

Consider last semester your practice run, you can always try harder this semester.

7. Being ready as ever for this upcoming semester.

You've lived and learned last semester and now you have a game plan to do even better this semester.

Have fun back at school, and you got this for round two of freshman year!

Lead Image: NBC

Hannah Cooper - University of California, Irvine

Hannah is a freshman at UC Irvine who is majoring in Business Management, with an emphasis in marketing. She enjoys coffee, cats, and good music. She knows all the words to the full version of the Fresh Prince of Bel Air theme song and doesn't miss an episode of Saturday Night Live.