Learning a second language has been proven to be beneficial in all aspects of life. From landing a job to going on vacation, learning even a little bit of a second language can help you converse with native speakers. Fortunately, the learning process doesn’t have to be difficult, thanks to the many apps available. This list features both paid and free apps available on the app store.

1. Duolingo

Price: Free

Duolingo is one of the more popular language-learning apps available on the app store. This app features over 30 languages to choose from and it is completely free. Duolingo uses short lessons with goals and rewards to keep you motivated. It has also been featured as the #1 education app.

2. Babbel

Price: $7.50/Month − $14.95/Month

Similar to Duolingo, Babbel features 14 languages with 10-15 minute lessons. Babbel also uses speech recognition technology to check pronunciation and keep you on track. This app uses a subscription-based payment plan which can be purchased for different durations including one month, three months, six months and one year.

3. Memrise

Price: $8.99/Month − $99.99/Lifetime

Memrise offers different features such as object recognition, speed review and listening skills. This app also has an offline mode that allows users to learn even when they are on the go. Memrise also has daily goals that are tailored to the way you learn. This app also uses a subscription-based payment plan ranging from one month to lifetime access.

4. Busuu

Busuu

Price: $9.99/Month − $69.99/Year

Busuu offers 12 languages and a tailored study plan to help you track your progress each day. This app has courses that cover grammar, vocabulary, speaking and writing to help you learn. Busuu also has an offline mode and an official language certification after you pass the final test. Busuu uses a subscription payment plan ranging from one month to one year.

5. Rosetta Stone

Price: $10.38/Month − $26.34/Month

Rosetta Stone, known for its other language learning technology, has created an app that features 24 languages. This app also uses speech recognition technology and features downloadable lessons for offline access. Rosetta Stone also uses a subscription-based payment plan ranging from three months to two years.

6. Mondly