by Gia Tims

This Student Teacher Recorded Everything She Saw Students Doing in Class

By Gia Tims - Apr 23 2017

A graduate student teacher at University of Michigan recorded everything that she caught students doing during class over spring semester. The list included highlights like ordering Chipotle, applying for jobs, buying Hamilton tickets, translating German, and "photoshopping President Trump onto muppets." When one student from the class tweeted the incident, students from around the web thought it was hilarious.

University of Michigan senior, Tahany Alsabahi, tweeted the photograph of the slide last week that got over 3,000 retweets and 5,000 likes. Alsabahi said that she “knew it had potential to resonate with most other college students, but [I] didn’t think it would get this popular.”

Alsabahi mentioned that the responses from other students on Twitter were “fairly positive except for a few people who think this is emblematic of the end of the world…or proof to ban laptops…”

As for the class, Alsabahi said that “most people found [the slide] funny, [I’m] sure some people were embarrassed but overall we thought it was hilarious.”

Be careful what you do in class! Someone may be watching.

Lead Image Credit: TahanyAls on Twitter

Gia Tims - Hofstra University

Gia Tims is a freshman at Hofstra University and is majoring in Journalism and in the process of adding Italian on as a second major. In high school, Gia wrote for her school paper and won numerous awards for her articles. Gia loves yoga, New York City, chai lattes, and Orange is the New Black. Follow her on Instagram @giatims!