by Gia Tims

This Presidential Promposal is One for the Books

By Gia Tims - May 15 2017

Twitter is pining over the high schooler who received a presidential promposal this past week.

Cassie Berta, incoming freshman at Point Park University, was asked to prom Obama-style. Her date promposed with a sign that said, "I don't wanna go to prom Obama self."

Berta took it one step further with her prom dress. 

“I found Michelle’s dress on a dress recreation site called The Celebrity Dresses, and I thought we should just go all out,” Berta told Fresh U via Twitter DM.

Berta’s friend tweeted the promposal, and it received over 47 thousand retweets and 161 likes. Berta said that she and her friend “never expected it to get this big. Having people from all over the country and all over the world compliment [them] is amazing! Totally not your typical senior prom.”

People could not handle the cuteness of it all. 

“We wanted to emulate the Obamas because they are such a power couple," Berta said. "And we really admire them and what they've done for the American people.”

Lead Image Credit: @_HisPsychoBabe via Twitter

Gia Tims - Hofstra University

Gia Tims is a freshman at Hofstra University and is majoring in Journalism and in the process of adding Italian on as a second major. In high school, Gia wrote for her school paper and won numerous awards for her articles. Gia loves yoga, New York City, chai lattes, and Orange is the New Black. Follow her on Instagram @giatims!