by Gia Tims

This Makeup Fanatic's Senior Portrait Went Viral

By Gia Tims - Mar 04 2017

Polytech University senior Janssen Mendoza broke the internet after posting her senior picture on Instagram which showed her posing with an Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit.

Janssen’s post received over 1,700 likes and she has been interviewed by big name media outlets such as Teen Vogue, Seventeen and FOX News San Antonio Texas.

Fresh U reached out to Janssen via Instagram direct message, where she shared that the inspiration for her photo came from a tweet in which she saw a girl putting on eyeshadow in her senior portrait. Janssen is also “a freelance hair and makeup artist.” 

“I was inspired to make my own version,” says Janssen. She mentioned that she was “really surprised when thousands of people liked it.”

A lot of people have been loving the creativity of Janssen’s photo, and wish they came up with an idea like that themselves.

We should all take a page from Janssen’s book: never go anywhere without your glow kit.

Lead Image Credit: Janssen Mendoza via Instagram

Gia Tims - Hofstra University

Gia Tims is a freshman at Hofstra University and is majoring in Journalism and in the process of adding Italian on as a second major. In high school, Gia wrote for her school paper and won numerous awards for her articles. Gia loves yoga, New York City, chai lattes, and Orange is the New Black. Follow her on Instagram @giatims!