Display fullsizerender 12
by Gia Tims

This Girl's Boyfriend Made the Cutest Mistake When He Brought Her Seashells

By Gia Tims - Mar 19 2017

Ria Rechtorovic’s boyfriend brought her back a sweet gift from spring break that had an interesting surprise inside. The Baylor University sophomore noticed that the jar of seashells her boyfriend collected for her contained pistachio shells.

Ria’s boyfriend, Charlie, gave her the jar after returning from vacation in Florida, and Ria said she “could tell how proud he was for putting it all together.”

“He mentioned that some of the shells changed color when they dried, and pointed to the pistachio shells. He said they were a lot more gold on the beach, and he ‘knows how much I like gold,’” Ria recalled.

“I didn’t have the heart to tell him . . . I sent him a picture of the tweet draft and a picture of pistachio shells so he could compare the two," she said. "He was in denial at first but came around to accept the silly mistake he made.”

Ria's tweet received over 9,000 retweets and over 24,000 likes. Ria said that she “used to think getting 5 or more likes on a tweet was pretty cool, so the fact that over 23k people have liked this one still blows [my] mind.”

Most people on Twitter thought the gesture was sweet regardless of the fact that Charlie thought the pistachios were seashells.

“One thing I love about Charlie is how silly he is,” Ria said. “He’s surprised we haven’t been offered any free pistachios due to all the unnecessary hype we’ve brought up.”

Lead Image Credit: Ria Rechtorovic via Twitter

Gia Tims - Hofstra University

Gia Tims is a freshman at Hofstra University and is majoring in Journalism and in the process of adding Italian on as a second major. In high school, Gia wrote for her school paper and won numerous awards for her articles. Gia loves yoga, New York City, chai lattes, and Orange is the New Black. Follow her on Instagram @giatims!