Display fullsizerender 13
by Gia Tims

This College Student Got the Best Response to a Tinder DM

By Gia Tims - Mar 30 2017

North Dakota State University freshman Brooke Beis took a meme to the next level in her Tinder DMs Monday night.

While perusing Tinder, Beis came across a profile of a guy who had “student-athlete” in his bio and saw the perfect opportunity to troll him, and she got the best response.

“I thought, ‘OK, this is the perfect opportunity to test this out, to see if student athletes are actually like this,’” Beis told Fresh U via Twitter DM.

The tweet received 39k retweets and 140k likes within two days. Beis says she did not expect the tweet to go viral at all and that she “just wanted to tweet it for fun.”

Beis mentioned that her “first reaction to his response was immediate laughter,” seeing that he fit the athlete stereotype and was impressed by her motivational words. “I found out later that he hadn’t seen any of the student-athlete tweets which explains his reaction to me.”

The tweet has been getting a lot of “hilarious responses,” according to Beis, with people responding that they are “screaming,” and “crying,” behind their screens.

Some people have been tweeting Beis saying they are “dead,” after reading the response, which Beis says “makes [her] laugh every time.” However, Beis has a personal message to those who find themselves “dead” from laughter after seeing her tweet: “Please stay alive, though; I need your support.”

Lead Image Credit: Brooke Beis via Twitter

Gia Tims - Hofstra University

Gia Tims is a freshman at Hofstra University and is majoring in Journalism and in the process of adding Italian on as a second major. In high school, Gia wrote for her school paper and won numerous awards for her articles. Gia loves yoga, New York City, chai lattes, and Orange is the New Black. Follow her on Instagram @giatims!