by Gia Tims

This College Student's Friendship Failure Goes Viral

By Gia Tims - Feb 07 2017

This Cal State East Bay student’s attempt at making new friends crashed and burned a bit harder than expected.

College sophomore and athlete, Luke Laehy, went viral Monday night after tweeting his terrible experience trying to spark a conversation with someone on the other side of his cubicle, receiving 52k retweets and 120k likes and counting.

Laehy told Fresh U via Twitter DMs that he originally posted about the incident on his Snapchat, but his friends encouraged him to post it to Twitter. 

• “I knew it would be popular but I wasn’t expecting 10k+ retweets.” Luke said.

Many people are claiming to relate to Laehy’s misfortune and resonated with the situation.

Luckily, Laehy still has his friends to support him after this tragic event, who “say [he’s] Twitter famous now.” 

Lead Image Credit: Luke Laehy

Gia Tims - Hofstra University

Gia Tims is a freshman at Hofstra University and is majoring in Journalism and in the process of adding Italian on as a second major. In high school, Gia wrote for her school paper and won numerous awards for her articles. Gia loves yoga, New York City, chai lattes, and Orange is the New Black. Follow her on Instagram @giatims!