Display kris atomic 73939
by Gia Tims

10 Looks That Are Totally Trendy for this Spring

By Gia Tims - Mar 26 2017

Spring is finally upon us, which means it’s time to update your wardrobe and revamp your style for the new season. Here are ten looks on trend this spring, for both men and women!

1. Embroidery

Clad and Cloth

Embroidery is popping up in a lot of shops lately on flowing blouses and dresses. This is a simple, delicate touch that can elevate a plain look to an ultra-feminine one.

2. Off-the-Shoulder Tops

Princess Polly

This trend is taking over the Internet for spring, with many brands releasing off-the-shoulder blouses for the new season. Most of the tops are sold in whites and blues, for yet another simple and sweet look.

3. Ruffled Sleeves

J. Crew

Ruffled sleeves are a loud yet elegant trend that is on the rise currently. Pair these tops with some jeans and brown leather heels and you’ll be ready to take on spring like a lady in charge.

4. Denim Mini Skirts

Nordstrom Rack

Skirts are always bound to be in style for spring, but this year they are taking the rugged route with denim fabric. These skirts pair well with any type of top: tight, flowy, patterned, solid — you name it, it works.

5. Trench Coats

April showers bring May flowers, so break out your trench coats for the rainy weather this spring, because these coats are on trend for the season. The long, baggy-fitted look is taking the fashion world by storm, looking extra chic paired with heels, flats and even sneakers.

6. Soft-Colored Knitwear

These breathable and light sweaters are great for spring weather and are coming out in a number of soft colors to rock this season.

7. Bright Hoodies

Urban Outfitters

Pastels are on the rise for spring and they even look fresh and clean on hoodies. Pair these bright colors with khakis or dark wash jeans to lighten up your look.

8. Slim-Fit Button-Downs

The slim-fit button-down is back on for this season and helps to take a formal look to a more suave and stylish level.

9. Bomber Jackets

American Eagle

The beloved bomber jacket is here to stay for the spring. This outerwear piece pairs nicely with almost any outfit in your wardrobe.

10. Chinos

Chinos are loose-fitted pants that add some flair to an everyday outfit. Swap your jeans with these bad boys and you’ll take your look to the next level.

Look for these new styles in stores and get shopping! You’ll be the most fashionable person at your school in no time.

Lead Image Credit: Kris Atomic via Unsplash

Gia Tims - Hofstra University

Gia Tims is a freshman at Hofstra University and is majoring in Journalism and in the process of adding Italian on as a second major. In high school, Gia wrote for her school paper and won numerous awards for her articles. Gia loves yoga, New York City, chai lattes, and Orange is the New Black. Follow her on Instagram @giatims!