Finding comfortable footwear is a laborious task. One minute you think you've found the coziest pair of flats you’ve ever owned, and then within 45 minutes of wearing them, you’re eager to take them off. And when you do, some of your skin comes off with it. Ouch.

As students, we are in constant motion, running from one side of campus to the other like an anxious pendulum swing. All this activity can place a toll on our feet, and if we’re not wearing secure footwear, those bumps and cuts begin to form. So let's try to avoid all this pain and purchase shoes that will actually support us for a change, instead of causing immense pain. Here are seven of the best shoes with great reviews that may offer a break for your feet. 

1. Keds - Originals 

Amazon

These classic shoes are available in an assortment of colors for all outfit combinations. They’re simple and elegant, and able to match with everything in your closet. Moreover, not only do they have a 4.3 out of 5 stars on Amazon, but they also won’t break the bank. Most of the reviews talk about how comfortable they are, making them perfect for the busy college student. 

Purchase them here. 

2. Adidas - Cloudfoam 

Amazon

Just the name "cloudfoam" is enough for me to add these beautiful shoes to my cart. I mean, who doesn’t want to feel like they’re walking on a cloud? With 4.5 out of 5 stars and a plethora of positive reviews raving about how comfortable these shoes are, it’s a no brainer. 

Purchase them here

3. J. Adams Comfortable Flat Bootie 

Amazon 

If you want to appear more dressy, but don’t want the agonizing pain of a heel, these shoes can be your solution. They’re fashion-forward, perfect for the spring season and come in four different colors. The low, stacked heel also allows for a nice lift without the difficulty in walking. 

Purchase them here

4. Fantiny Women Loafers 

Amazon 

These flats are incredibly affordable, come in several different colors and have a 4.4 out of a 5-star review. The shoe contains a soft and breathable sponge on the inside, offering support for the arch of your foot. They are simple and lightweight. You may actually forget that you’re wearing shoes in these flats. 

Purchase them here 

5. DailyShoes Unisex Flat Memory Foam Slip Ons

Amazon 

These unisex slip-ons are a perfect casual addition to any outfit. They are available in a variety of classic colors and sizes. They are also said to be ideal for the warmer months since they are breathable and ideal for walking. 

Purchase them here.  

6. Sketcher's Sandals 

Amazon 

These shoes scream spring and comfort. They have a memory foam footbed to ensure all-day support. It’s hard to come across sandals that offer both support and style, yet these sandals seem to fit the bill with its 4.4 out of 5-star rating. 

Purchase them here.  

7. Vans Authentic Core Classic Sneakers 

Amazon 

Vans are unisex, classic and easy. You truly can’t go wrong. With so many color options you’re bound to find something that appeals to you. Many reviewers praised the way vans supported their feet, despite the long miles they had to travel. 

Purchase them here.  

Let's end the trend of accepting painful footwear. Beauty is not pain my friends. Beauty is comfort.