Display fresh u
by Gauri Mangala

This College Student's Wrong Number Turned Into An Unlikely Friendship

By Gauri Mangala - Jul 14 2017

Cassidy Baldwin, 19, texted her mom to get some advice on a rash developing on her arm. At least, she thought it was her mom.

Instead of the text sending to her mom, Baldwin's messages sent to someone else who happened to have the same phone number. Baldwin, a sophomore at Bowling Green State University, tweeted the encounter:

The tweet received over 78,000 retweets and over 285,000 likes. Both Baldwin and her mother are ecstatic about the Twitter fame. "The best part is all the followers I've gained," said Baldwin.

After at first arguing with each other, the mystery texter started getting concerned about Baldwin's arm and giving her advice.

"At first I didn't know that it was [the other person texting]. I was confused whether it was her or my mom so I didn't think anything of it and then I had to make sure it wasn't my mom. When I realized it wasn't my mom I was like hell yeah this girl's got my back, [she's] concerned about me," Baldwin explained.

In a subsequent Twitter post, Baldwin shared an update of their conversation:

Afterward, Baldwin's actual mother went to T-Mobile to fix the issue and in the process, Baldwin lost the ability to contact Keri.

Keri and Baldwin broke through the boundaries of being someone's wrong number and bonded, and now cannot reach each other. Share this post on social media with the hashtag #KeriMeetCassidy in the hopes that these two can find each other again. 

Lead Image Credit: Daria Nepriakhina via Unsplash

Gauri Mangala - Gettysburg College