Display bday
by Gauri Mangala

This Older Brother Saved His Little Sister's 10th Birthday

By Gauri Mangala - Jul 14 2017

We have all been there; excited about something in our lives, maybe a new outfit or a birthday, just to see it crumble in the hands of some mean girls.  Some of us have succumbed to the torture and have learned to just put up with it, rather than fight back. Fortunately, this wasn't the case for Zara Tipu, 10, and her older brother Hamza, 17.

Zara, a bright-eyed young girl excited for her 10th birthday was extremely disappointed after realizing that her childhood friends did not show up for her party and instead went to someone else's house. A student at Woodbridge High School in New Jersey, Hamza, would not stand for this. Hamza decided to save Zara's party and invited his own friends to celebrate along with Zara at this monumental occasion in her young life.

"I'm very grateful to have friends [that would] do that for my sister, it wouldn't have been the same without them," explained Hamza.

The teenagers joined in with Zara to celebrate, playing games like hide and seek and duck duck goose.  The played with balloons and jumped around with her in a bouncy house.  After eating pizza and cutting cake, Zara opened all of her presents surrounded by people who loved her, just as any 10-year-old should.

"At the end of the day she had a blast and was happy which was good," said Hamza.

After this beautiful day, Hamza decided to share their story on Twitter:

The tweet has received over 22,000 likes and over 7,000 retweets, containing a lot of happy birthday wishes for Zara.

Hamza spoke on his new-found Twitter fame: "It's mind blowing, I didn't have intentions for it to happen, my sister is as amazed as I am.  It's heart-warming to see all the support as well."

As for Zara, it's safe to say that she has learned to hold her own and that she doesn't need to worry about the snakes in her life, because her big brother and all of Twitter will always back her up.

"I'm Twitter famous all thanks to you guys," Zara stated as she addressed all of her new fans.

Fresh U wants to wish Zara a very happy 10th birthday and applaud Hamza for his quick thinking as he saved the day.

Lead Image Credit: @hamzvh via Twitter

Gauri Mangala - Gettysburg College